Headaches

C0606

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm currently 15 weeks preggo and have been having INSANE headaches for weeks now. I know it can be all part and parcel of pregnancy with hormones and what not but I have to start revising soon for my final uni exams which I deferred in May and I'm thinking these headaches are going to make it even more awful than revision usually is.
I'm reluctant to take paracetomol even though I know it's perfectly safe - I do occasionally take it but I have been limiting myself. Does anyone have any tried and tested methods which preferably don't involve medication?

Thanks!

Those headache cool strips are good! Or sometimes i get a make-up wipe/wet flannel and put it over my eyes for a bit xxx

I'm with Lou, I can't recommend those gel patches enough! The smell of them relaxes you too. Asda sell a box of 3 for a £1 and are no different to the branded ones x

The cool strips are very good and just relax and drink as much water as possible. I've had bad headaches too and have had to take paracetamol most days for the last few weeks. Could you not just use both strips and paracetamol for during your exams, and not take paracetamol outside those times?

I do take paracetamol I can just imagine this going on for months on end I don't want to take them unless I absolutely have to. I'll have to try the strips and see how they work. I will be using the flannel trick lots too. Thanks for the advice guys!

I've also suffered with headaches and have been taking paracetamol still, I try not to with minor ones but when I'm getting them 3-4 times a week I couldn't not take anything!! Haven't tried anything else though x

When you are pregnant remember tat your baby is taking a lot of your nutrients and fluids so you are more prone to aches, headaches, pains soreness etc... So be sure to stay very hydrated and eat things with vitamins. I would suggest oranges, strawberries, cucumbers, coconut water. THE BEST SOLUTION hands down is to juice fresh fruits and veggies. They will help you SO much with EVERYTHING! No medicine. Feel better! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back