Headaches

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by Geekachublog, Jun 6, 2013.

1. Geekachublog

Geekachublog Well-Known Member

I'm suffering awful headaches this week, to the point that I'm starting to feel sick.

I feel too guilty to call in work so I'm here, but I feel horrific. (My boss is one of these "Pregnancy isn't an illness" women).

I've had it for a few days now and it won't go, do you think it's a surge in hormones? Anyone else experienced this?

:(

2. flisstebbs

flisstebbs Well-Known Member

I've had a lot of this in the past 2-3 weeks. I had an awful migraine a couple of weekends back which had had a nasty thumping head for a few days before and after.

I restarted some reflexology this week (I used to get a session once a month whilst ttc, but you can't have it first tri), and that seems to have really helped. Paracetamol did help the general headaches but not the migraines.

3. ellesbells

ellesbells Well-Known Member

Carlee I had this a few days ago. It was awful I went to bed with a migraine strength headache that made me feel sick. Woke up 12 hours later still not good couldn't even face getting in the shower. Ate a biscuit drank some water, took two paracetamol and went back to bed. Then I still had to wait a few hours to feel better. I went to work late. I have had this a few times. I think it's definitely hormones but I'm making sure I don't get too hot or dehydrated too as I think that doesn't help. Have you tried the forehead stick. That gives a bit if relief too. Hope it goes ASAP x