Headaches

Layla

Reaction score
Hi girls

I have had a headache for about a week now and its getting worse, i have taken pain killers but nothing seems to be working, its driving me mad!!

i know its a pregnancy symptom, has anyone else had one that just wont go away? how did you get rid of it in the end?

xxx

Hi Layla,

I had loads of headaches in my first trimester and have had 2 really bad one's lately. My worst only lasted about 4days though but they make me feel sick and dizzy to the point I can't get up or move my head!! I tried Paracetamol with the early one's but didn't work. And to be honest I haven't found a cure.
Having a bath and washing my hair made me feel better for a couple of hours after though so give that a go when you just can't take it anymore.
Good Luck and sorry I can't give you a cure!!

Hi layla, i too had bad headaches in the first trimester i found that parectemol and a rest on the bed helped a bit!

also i used 4head which is applied directly to the forehead without the need to use pills ( i used both!!) i found that this helped but it seemed to work better when you feel a headache coming on. An cold eye mask also helps!

hormones eh?!!!

Take care and get plently of rest, also drink lots of water, that will help the headaches!

love steph and bump x

thanks guys, mine is in my neck too, its really hurting and annoying!

Hey layla...

one book that I have says that a cold bath or shower might help as it restricts dilated blood vessels which are causing the pain.

Sue

thanks sue i will try that later, just wash my hair and neck in cold water, hope it helps
xx

Hi Layla,

I found that an ice cold flannel at the back of my neck or on my head was the best thing for me. I had awful headaches at the beginning of the second tri but they seem to have gone so I hope yours hurry up and go too. xxxxxx

tried the cold water thing, it helped for a little wile but now its come back full force :(

Try those koole 'n' soothe patches, they're a godsend!!

I didnt think of those!

I will get some tomorrow,

thanks

I have two in the cupboard, had a free sample thing, got one on now.

I will let you know if it works

( i wonder if you can put them on your neck??)

They're really great, I couldn't have got through my last headache without one.

I have just put one on my neck aswell, the one on my forehead feels nice, its very soothing

Ha ha I first tried them from a free sample too! Yeah you can put them on your neck too. Hope it's helped.

the one on my neck has gone very hot so its stopped working, i took it off, but the one on my head is working wonders!!

I am defo going to get some of these tomorrow

thank you! :D

Glad they worked for you. The free ones I got were kids ones but they do adults ones too, they're £3 for 4.

yeah i got kids ones, are the adult ones stronger/colder then?

Not sure but the ones I got are koole n soothe migrane. They're bigger so cover a bigger area.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back