headaches

michelle82

Reaction score
Hi is anyone else out there getting headaches more now that their preggers I seem to have been getting more and more although think I may not be drinking enough am trying to drink more today and used some lavender stuff which helps on my head. Typical the one time you need painkillers and you cant take them! :)

Definately noticed more here, doesn't matter how much I drink. Was on the verge of having a painkiller the other day but stopped myself :roll: :lol:

yes I have had a lot more headaches and it is so frustrating that you can't take anything for it :(

Yes i know that feeling. Have taken paracetamol but it doesnt touch it. Went to the chemist and they suggest that 4Head thing, the one you rub across your forehead. Tried it today, it takes the edge of it but not fully takes it away but it might work for you.

Well with this being my second pregnancy and suffered bad first time around i can tell you its hormones!!! you know those lovely things that turn your body upside down!!!

Apparently they are nothing to worry about till 30 weeks+ ( pre eclampsia symptoms)

Hope this helps, i just napped when i could, also i found broken sleep in the night triggered my headaches from first thing. :(

Headaches yep! paracetomol does nothing - I have the 4head stuff but didn't know if you could use it when PG - now I know I can i'm gonna give it a go! :D

Hi

I suffer from random migraines (something I have inherited from my mum), and I had a really bad one very early on in my pregnancy. My BF rang the NHS hotline as he was on the verge of taking me to A&E and they said it was fine to take paracetamol and to take them every 4 hours but no more than 8 in 24 hours. Since then I have taken paracetamol for headaches every now and again but I do everything possible beforehand and only take them as a last resort. Funnily enough by doing this I have found that fresh air, drinking water and rubbing my neck have all worked at different times without me having to take tablets. I have also been wondering about the head stick thing as I have one in my drawer from before I fell pg. Are they definately safe to use?

Lou

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back