Headaches and swelling

love87

Reaction score
My feet swelled up in the last few weeks of pregnancy and my blood pressure was up and down but now to a dangerous extent. (I was not diagnosed with pre-eclampsia or anything) during my induction I was given some fluids through IV. 1000mls I think, I was also given some with epidural (which didn't work)
Anyway a week on and my feet are enormous. I went to my GP today and he gave me a water tablet to try and take the swelling down. He asked had I any headaches or tummy pain which I didn't so I told him no. But this afternoon I have come down with the worst headache ever and I'm now worried. The headache is worse on one side so I'm wondering is it a migraine. GP didn't do my BP today. Is all of this normal?

Sent from my HTC Desire 620 using Tapatalk

Drink nettle and/or fennel tea, it'll keep you hydrated but is also a diuretic to help pass excees fluid/water retention.

Look at the tablets you were given... are headaches a side effect?

Also sitting with your feet up should help too.

Oh and personally I'd mention it to your midwife rather than your GP. Midwife may be more knowledgeable on post partum fluid retention.

I hope you got yourself checked out by a midwife...? I developed post-partum hypertension after my second baby that was starting to develop into pre-eclampsia (3 days post delivery). Started with swelling of ankles and knees. I had a home bp monitor as I had pre-e with my first pregnancy, and when I took my bp it was through the roof. I phoned hospital and went back in. I didn't have a headache, but had the same weird chest pains as I had with my first pregnancy. Was immediately put on labetalol. All sorted before it turned nasty.

Hopefully it's nothing, but always worth getting checked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back