Head down

Rosieroo

Reaction score
When I went to see the midwife yesterday she said the baby's head was down.

Anyone else had the baby's head down around this time and then it moved back up? Or could I be lucky and it stays down?

My baby is also head down, but I know my mum told me that when she carried me I turned twice!!! then at the last minute turned head down and engaged ready for birth!! guess i was just being annoying though, hopefully you will be lucky and yours will want to stay where it is, the right way round :lol:

Natalie x

Hey

I had ante natal yesterday and Isaac is also head down. The midwife grabbed my hands and pushed them into my tummy really low down and I could actually feel Isaac's head. I didnt like it one bit, it felt weird lol What if I was squashing his little face? Bless him :)

She said his head is not engaged though and he still has room to move around. I havent felt any kicks in my ribs as my uterus is a few centimeters under my boobs yet so theres still loads more discomfort to come! I also measured 32cm - pubic bone to top of uterus (one centimeter for every week of pregnancy) so thats good. I really wanted an estimated birth weight but the midwife said they can't tell untill nearer my due date.

Keep getting sharp shooting pains in my ninny, must be the head putting pressure on my cervix I guess?

Lou :)

Hello!

Baby's still got plenty of room to move until around 34 weeks, so can still turn regularly. But mine's been head down since around 28 weeks too - seems to be his/her favourite position, and now I'm hoping it's just too much like hard work for him/her to turn into a breech position!

I'm not taking any chances though - I'm always sitting/sleeping in the optimal fetal positions at home and work - and have been since around 32 weeks!

At yoga last week there was a girl whose baby had turned into a breech position at 36 weeks - she was gutted. The yoga instructor showed her some positions to try and encourage little one to turn back again! And my friend is 39 weeks and baby's just moved into an AP position (back to back) even though the head is engaged, so she's got to try and get baby to turn before she goes into labour....!

LBxx

I was measuring at 36 cm at 31 weeks so my poor little one doesnt have a lot of space left to do anything :( But i do get lots of good kicks to the ribs and am now suffering big with backache and sleepless nights!! have to say im so glad only 7 weeks left to go, unless baby gets to squashed and wants to come out!! Have been told though that my baby was only 4lbs at 32 weeks so should be about half a lb bigger this week!!!

newbump said:
I was measuring at 36 cm at 31 weeks so my poor little one doesnt have a lot of space left to do anything :( But i do get lots of good kicks to the ribs and am now suffering big with backache and sleepless nights!! have to say im so glad only 7 weeks left to go, unless baby gets to squashed and wants to come out!! Have been told though that my baby was only 4lbs at 32 weeks so should be about half a lb bigger this week!!!

Do you feel like it could be ay day now? I keep feeling like that although technically I still have 8-9 weeks left. I'm also having alot of disrupted sleep, elbows and knees tend to wake me up in the night. That and also needing a wee every half and hour.

Lou

Yep I feel as if my baby could appear at anytime!!! I just dont know where else he/she is going to grow into!! I really just do not have enough room :? Im expecting to be early but knowing my luck I will be late and soooo uncomfortable!

Sleep???? Nope dont remember that to much, have to wake up every 2 hours or so just to move as a part of my boby goes numb or really hurts :lol: And they being pregnant is a great joy :lol:

Natalie x

Mine was led sideways and so measured small so I had to have a scan yesterday and she's turned head down now too. She did that the other day as I could feel her doing it and then kicks and hand tickles from the bottom to the top now and my bump looks bigger.
xxxxxxx

Mine was head doen at the 20 week scan and I also had a 24 week scan and she was still head down. I don't think I have felt her turn round, would I feel it if she did?

I felt mine but I think it can depend. I was used to having tickles side to side then felt some very big movements which felt weird and the side to side became top and bottom of bump tickles and kicks. xxxxx

It used to look like an alien was inside when my baby turned around :D !! Haven't had that for a while now though.

I could definitely distinguish between somersaults, kicks and general stretching.

Now all he/she seems to do is hiccup and stretch. I can feel what seems to be the head turning round from time to time, and I think it keeps bumping against my pelvis which was a little sore last week when my Midwife palpated my tummy.

I think I'll really miss all this movement when baby's born. But I'm looking forward to being able to sit/lie comfortably again I must admit :D

LBxx

Keep getting sharp shooting pains in my ninny, must be the head putting pressure on my cervix I guess?

Me too :( But then she seems to 'shift' and it goes away.

Hiya Rosie

My baby's head is down too. The midwife has basically said that should be it now..(hopefully) and to avoid lying on my back cos it makes it easier for baby to move. Lying on one side makes the baby stay that way. (i lie on left hand side)

Good luck with the last few weeks :0)
Ill race ya to the Labour ward !!!
Ragna xxxx

I reckon you'll be there before me ;)

I really hope she's not late, though don't they reckon that your first one generally is? It would be fab if she was here a few days early in time for Xmas! :lol:

Hey

I never really noticed that Isaac had changed position and after the midwife told me his actual position of head down and where his back was in relation to his arms and legs etc I realised that I had been mistaking his knees or feet digging in my groin for his elbows and hands. Weird :)
He really wriggles now when I stroke my tummy, I hope it feels nice for him and he is not hating it and trying to wriggle away lol Poor little thing. He also goes mad kicking and wriggling when I have a bath and we splash water on my tummy and rock side to side so I hope he likes that too and isn't trying to get away. I guess I'll find out when he's born and I try to bath him lol

My midwife did say that he will probably move around lots more before his head engages but since she felt him head down I have the sensation that he is still head down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back