Head Circumference and Growth

RubyFleur

Reaction score
Hi all, I am pregnant with my first child. I went for my 20 week scan a couple of weeks ago and they said everything was great apart from that the baby was weighing a bit below average.

I went for a follow up scan on Tuesday (22+6) and they said that the baby's head circumference is a bit below average. I have now been referred to the Fetal Medicine Unit and I am there next Tuesday.

On the 22+6 scan, head circumference is 187mm (below the 5th centile) and the EWF was showing as just below the 7.5centile). The baby's head circumference had actually grown 2cm since the scan 2 weeks earlier. Further to this, brain development is spot on as is head shape etc.

Is anybody else in the same boat? I am sick with worry and its all so stressful!

Any replies would be appreciated.

Thank you, Ruby x

Just wanted to say I hope all goes well! My daughter was tiny throughout and still is now at 2 years always below the 9th centipede. But she’s perfect and no issues so hope that’s the same for you too!!
How did the appointment go?

I had to go for growth scans as they thought my baby was measuring on the larger side. Think when I had it done she was measuring about 2 weeks ahead of gestation.. when she was born she was not big at all! Only 6lb 15!

I know it’s not the same position you’re in but they do get the measurements wrong a lot of the time! Try not to worry, easier said than done xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back