HCG levels with fluctuating rise

LAR666

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently 5 weeks and I believe 3 days along and I had light to moderate bleeding (very watery blood and no clots passed at all with very mild/light cramping not nearly as bad as I normally always get during a period) at 4 weeks and spotting that's been on and off since. I had a previous miscarriage (chemical pregnancy) 6 months prior. I was scared this was happening again and went to the ER per my obgyn's instructions and they said it may be a threatened miscarriage (Also was diagnosed with two small ovarian cysts and I believe a week before i found out i was pregnant one ruptured after sex which happened to be on father's day) and my hcg levels were at 113 on Friday the 28th at the ER. Then I retested Monday and they only rose 30% to 147. I was still worried but then retested again two days later on Wednesday and it more than doubled with a rise of 116% to 318. I got excited as my doctor said it was very encouraging. But then I retested today Friday July the 5th and they only rose 24% to 396. I'm very confused and now doubtful on how this pregnancy is going. Has anyone else had fluctuating hcg levels that didn't drop or weren't stagnant but still rising oddly like this, with some early bleeding, and had a successful pregnancy???

I would really appreciate any help or stories you all would have to share.

Please and thank you!

So in a week they’ve gone from 113 to 396? I don’t think that sounds very promising... have you had a scan to make sure it’s not ectopic? Erratic HCG, pain and spotting are all signs of an ectopic pregnancy. x

So in a week they’ve gone from 113 to 396? I don’t think that sounds very promising... have you had a scan to make sure it’s not ectopic? Erratic HCG, pain and spotting are all signs of an ectopic pregnancy. x

I had one at 4 weeks in the ER but they couldn't see anything but said it was too early. My doctor wanted to wait until my levels rise more until I go for another but he's not concerned too much about ectopic yet because I have no pain.
However my levels stared slow but then in two days they did more than double but then two days later the rise wasn't as great. He said to still wait and check because they did double once and they are still going up.
I just wanted to know if anyone had similar experiences. Because all I've read online were of low levels rising slowly but not one case did they indeed double at one point like mine did, at least not that I could find.

Ok, no pain is a good sign but an ectopic often won’t cause pain until it’s too late. I’d be focusing on the overall trend rather than one occasion where they doubled. Hopefully you get good news when you’re far enough along for a scan x

Ok, no pain is a good sign but an ectopic often won’t cause pain until it’s too late. I’d be focusing on the overall trend rather than one occasion where they doubled. Hopefully you get good news when you’re far enough along for a scan x

Thanks, I'll keep this post updated.

So my hcg today was only 472, only a 19% increase. I'm losing the little hope I had left =(

Oh no that doesn’t sound good. I’m so sorry, I was hoping you’d have good news x

So again not good news, from 472 to 662, only a 40% increase. =( I'm feeling awful.

So again. Low increase of 33% from 662 to 881. I'm gonna lose this pregnancy. Either non viable or ectopic is what the doctor said.

Plus more bleeding all of a sudden so yeah, couldn't be more sure =/

I'm so sorry hun... Hope you will catch that rainbow soon. Take care of yourself.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back