Having a right old pregnancy mare! Please help

Ellsbells

Reaction score
Hi girls,

As this is my first, every little cramp & twinge I get, I grab my phone & I google it, as I am a master worrier!

So I'm 5 weeks & 1 day and I'm pretty fortunate that I haven't experienced any morning sickness, however I've had the worst lower abdominal cramps! Only so much googling could stop my worrying to the point that I called 111 and asked for an appointment with a doctor at 9pm last night to check me over.

So with that being said, they checked my urine and came back to tell me that I have a urine infection, which I wasn't expecting! So they prescribed me Amoxicillin for 7 days. The doctor also told me that as long as the pain isn't on just one side & that I'm not bleeding, the little bean is fine! So that definitely put my mind at ease.

I went to bed last night but woke up at about 4am nearly in tears because of how painful my lower abdominal cramps were, I also felt extremely hot! I took my temperature but all was fine. I then realised I hadn't done a proper bowel movement in about 4 days and I'm severely constipated, I sat on the toilet and tried my hardest to 'go' and then felt slightly better once I passed something, although only small! I now feel fine. My oh was trying to calm me down and told me not to worry.

But I'm just wondering if any of you ladies have experienced really awful constipation pain? I just want to make sure I'm not alone :(

Sounds like my first pregnancy! I had the most awful cramps, worse than AF cramps. I also found it difficult to go to the toilet. Sounds like a mixture of constipation and AF like cramps are very normal in early pregnancy, in fact it's some peoples first symptom!

I would maybe drink some orange or prune juice to help move your bowels.

Sounds exactly like me. I had a UTI in my first month of been pregnant which like you I was surprised at. And severely constipated to the point when I did go I bled a little sorry for tmi. Doctor prescribed me lactulose to help me go.xx

Yes ive had a couple of really bad twinges that seem like gas or constipation. I am now almost 12 weeks and still not going properly (sorry, TMI!) trying to eat more fruit as vegetables aren't very appealing to me at the minute.

Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months!

Last edited:
I had this when pregnant with my ds. Midwife told me that dried apricots work really well for constipation x

I had the worst constipation during trimester 1. Felt like I was desperate for a poo, then nothing would happen. Ended up really bloated looking 6mnyhs pregnant at just a few weeks. Literally never had a proper bm for about 10 weeks, then had a massive one and all was well.

Try to keep up your fluid intake, fruit and fruit juice and if it gets really bad, you should speak to the midwife or gp. My midwife told me that Holland and Barrett do a fibre powder that's good for putting on cereal etc to help move things along.

I'm going through the sluggish bowels. I've not got the stomach cramps but have in the past and are excruciating. I'm 6 weeks and since I've been pregnant I've gone from going every day easily lol, to now every two-three days and like that I have to try to get it started!!!

Hope the urine infection clears up soon and hopefully more fruit will help you go. I took a craving for oranges after seeing someone in work having an orange and the smell was delish. I ended up eating 3 massive oranges one after the other! Lol. Don't think I've eaten an orange since last summer lol x

I was like this, I then had some bleeding am totally freaked out. But the baby was totally fine and squidgey is still fine and I feel much better about everything now, no where near as worried xxx

I keep googling! Hope your urine infection clears up soon xx

I had constipation between 5-6weeks with bad cramping but now going thrice daily.

Its easy to get worried, try not to google everything. I googled my throat infection symptoms and every link came up thyroid cancer :shock:

xxxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back