Having a down day

Ammdaz

Reaction score
As the title says, feeling a bit down today.

At my mw appt yesterday I found out I'd got some unknown antibodies in my blood. I know some types can be harmless but some types can attack baby's blood and make them anaemic and jaundiced and as I don't know what type I've got I'm obviously a bit worried. They aren't going to re-test until 34 weeks so I've got at least 3 more weeks of worrying before I know any more. Today I've tried asking my mw, the blood department at my local hospital and my gp for a bit more info and I just feel like everyone of them has just fobbed me off and I've got nowhere. Hospital wasn't even allowed to discuss my results with me and the others have just told me not to worry which is all very nice but it doesn't really help me as what I really want is to know what I'm dealing with and what the chances are of it causing problems. The thought of my little girl being jaundiced and anaemic is really scary, I know it's not the end of the world and it could be an awful lot worse but if there are likely to be problems I'd like to be a bit prepared for it and feel like they are prepared for it too.

Also today, and this probably sounds really stupid but in my already delicate state it upset me, when I collected my son from nursery one of the ladies told me that they'd had to give him extra to eat as he didn't have enough in his lunch box and was hungry. Well we've been having a bit of trouble with him getting upset before nursery lately and he told me one of the things he didn't like was lunch time because it took him too long to eat his lunch. He said he'd be happier if I gave him a bit less in his lunch box so that's what I've been doing. We explained it all to the manager so she didn't think we were starving him and she was fine with it at the time. Obviously he now feels a bit more comfortable at nursery again and needs a bit more and I understand she needs to tell me that but it felt like she was really accusing me of not giving him enough and made me feel like a terrible mum for starving my child :-(

Sorry for the long rant and thanks for reading if you've got this far xxx

Just sending you a huge hug. Bless u things Always feel and seem worse when pregnant too i am sure nursery understood and fx they get to bottom of blood related stuff xx

Last edited:
Oh no, sorry you're feeling down :-( totally understand your worry with the bloods and its outrageous that they're not giving you any info about it! Hopefully if they're saying not to worry they don't think there's cause for concern but try telling that to a pregnant woman! They should know better than to leave you wondering.
As for the lunches if you discussed it with them first then I'm sure they don't think you're starving him, They will know he's a well looked after little boy and you should try and take the positive that he's getting more comfortable earring at nursery.

Hope you start to feel better soon, have a bath and an early night, tomorrow is a new day xx

Didn't want to read and run hunni. Big hugs. Your going through so much this second, you need a sit down and a drink (cup of tea??) Until your told you wouldn't know if he needed more in his lunchbox but they should of gone about it differently to the way they have done, as for your bloods the hospital has a right to inform you of whatever information you request into yourself...it's the law and the NHS rules I see the posters saying it everywhere demand a copy of the results and say your not leaving until you get a copy of them...if need be I have plenty of medical books and a nurse for a sister so I can fnd out what the things means for you. I hope you get the answers you need hun. But for now breath and relax x x x

Thank you for your replies girls. I must be having a seriously hormonal day because I even started welling up because you were all being nice to me! I actually said yesterday that I haven't really been hormonal at all, I must've spoken too soon!

Haylian you hit the nail on the head - my rational mind knows that if it was that serious they would surely be doing more but my paranoid pregnant panicky mummy mind keeps thinking 'what if' and maybe they are all wrong!

Going to have a nice relaxing evening and an early night I think. I've calmed down a bit about the lunch thing, I know I've only been doing what's best for my little man. I just wish the manager at the nursery would be a bit more tactful and sensitive, she has a way of making me feel stupid and undermining me over silly things when I know that I know my son much better than she does, grr!

Xxx

Glad you've calmed down a bit, now go chill x

Hope it is much better now!
Take care.

Hope your feeling better lovely. I don't have any advice to offer, but I'm sending you big virtual hugs. Sit yourself down with a massive bar of chocolate, or something else you love, and just wallow in it for an hour or so with your OH till you feel better!!

Hormones make everything seem horrible, even when they're not so bad. Your little lady is going to be perfect, and here before you know it, so you can see her and know everything's ok xxx

Hi hun, hope you're feeling better today. I hate those days! Fx the bloods are nothing serious but like haylian said they'd deal with it asap if they needed to. They don't mess about when things are urgent. They'll look after you both I'm sure.
The nursery communicate with you and know your son so know you're a great mum, don't worry about that. I work in a school and we know the crappy ones, we barely see them for a start.

Take care and take time to relax when you can. A tiny bit of me time really helps. Preferably with chocolate!

Xxxx

Yes thank you Hun, I'm feeling a bit more positive today. Had a busy day at work so haven't had time to dwell on things or worry. Decided I need to trust that they know what they are doing with regards to the blood results. My little girl has been wriggling loads as usual which is great :) I just know if she slows down at all I'll be straight up the hospital! Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back