having a big boy ....

minxies

Reaction score
Just been to see midwife to be measured etc. well i keep being told how tiny i am and how small my baby is gunna be from all my friends and people i know, which did seem odd as both lots of babies on either parent side are huge babies!. anyway so i lie down and she goes your not small at all ur huge!! (even tho bump is tiny!) she said because im so tall (5ft 10) im carrying differently. im 24 weeks so should be about 24cm she said. but no i measuring at a massive 30cm!!! thats 30 weeks!

She said although im still early she's been doing this along time and can already tell this is gunna be a big boy!! (boys are 10-11lbsers on both sides) she said i got to wait to 28weeks to be measured again and then have a growth scan and see what the next step to take is as it may effect my labour ...

big bouncy boy then haha!!! scared! xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Ah that is so cute but good luck with the Birth! :) x

Can't believe she's making you wait another 4 weeks for a scan :shock:

When I was 28 weeks found out I was measuring 36 weeks, everyone kept saying how big my bump was but no midwife had cared to check until then!!!

Sent me for a scan asap and turned out I was polyhydramnios - carrying excess fluid!!

Good job they sent me too coz it needs to be monitored regularly. The midwife who did the original measuring at 28 weeks said it was a big baby but she was wrong!!

Not trying to scare or freak you out, but I wouldn't wait that long lol Polyhydramnios isn't a dangerous thing at that stage, but it would need to be monitored.

By 38 weeks I was measuring 55 weeks :shock: And not a happy bunny lol

If I was you I think I would push for a scan now, I too had Polyhydramnios with my son and it was indicative of a problem with him. Not trying to scare you hun, just talking from experience. Everyone use to joke that I was having a huge bouncy boy which he actually was but because of the fluid. I just wish I pushed earlier a he may still be here if I did, I trusted them that all was well. All my scans were fine until they spotted a problem at 30 weeks when I had a growth scan, that's when we realised there was a problem and it was too late.
Measuring 6cm ahead is alot, although most midwifes don't do fundal height until 28 weeks as it can be very inaccurate before then. I would want one just for peace of mind knowing what I know now :) xxx

WOW that's a big baby boy for you :)

I would get checked sooner though. We found out that riven has longer legs at the moment :) which means he will be long when he arrives not that that's a bad thing, he will just look gangly!!!

I think i'm in the same boat hun, everyone keeps telling me babys gona be huge and judging by the backaches i'm getting i can't really disagree at the mo!

Ah well, nothing lovelier than a bouncing baby boy x

Thing is though girls my bumps really small to look at? it dosnt look big and i can feel all of him when i poke bump so i dont think there is excess fluid? also she listened to hearbeat and wouldnt that be harder if there was more fluid? im seeing her in 3 weeks so ill mention it to her then just in-case lol. but to be fair big babies to run in our families so i really do think he is just huge! lol xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker

Thing is though girls my bumps really small to look at? it dosnt look big and i can feel all of him when i poke bump so i dont think there is excess fluid? also she listened to hearbeat and wouldnt that be harder if there was more fluid? im seeing her in 3 weeks so ill mention it to her then just in-case lol. but to be fair big babies to run in our families so i really do think he is just huge! lol xxx

Make a pregnancy ticker

With all the fluid I had they always had to push so hard to feel baby's position, so that is a good sign that baby is easily felt.

With regards the HB though, my son's was always picked up soon as the doppler got close!! The fluid didn't effect that at all.

xxxxx

Aww thats okay then i can feel him really easily i think im all baby to be honest lol. but i will mention it to her when i see her in 3 weeks cuz it is worrying! iv never heard of that before ! thanks girls :)! xxx

wow a big bubba, keep us updated x

i was measuring 5 weeks ahead with FH at my 31 week appt....they sent me for a scan and although i am carrying a little more water than 'average' they said it was nothing to be concerned about at the moment.....i also have a slightly larger than 'average' boo boo...so with both factor = big bump for me!!

i would imagine i will get sent for another scan if i am stil measuring big next week.....we shall see..xx

Ahh lovelyyyyy! Congratulations on ur big baby hun xxxxxx

aaaww bless a big bouncy healthy boy :) dont worry bout pushing for the scans though as they wont carry growth scans out til week 28 anyway as i have to have growth scans for small babies and all the way through to make sure they dont stop growing, and although it can be worrying they just dont start doing them till 28 weeks and then every 2-4 weeks depending on how concerned they are we growth :oooo:

fingers crossed for a big healthy baby and an easy labour :dance:xx

I measured 5 weeks big at 30 weeks and they got me growth scan within 2 days and tested for Gestational diabetes AGAIN! (both GTT tests were negative!) It was extra fluid around baby and baby was perfect size for number of weeks. I have had extra growth scan since and baby growing at exactly the right rate. I wonder why they want you to wait for a few weeks, i'd push for earlier scan as if it is GD which they say can develop in only a few weeks you will want to know sooner than later to change your diet if necessary. It might be nothing of course like with me and just one of those things, or indeed you might have a big baby in there. But a fast growing baby is another symptom of GD. (However please don't let me worry you, midwives do know a lot more than me!) xx

ha ha I was shocked when MW told me lol...but my OH was 10 pound 11 aswell so I really hope baby isnt that big!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back