Haven't seen midwife since 24wks??normal??

Natural mamma

Reaction score
I last saw my wacky doc at 24wks, all was fine and he said they didn't need to see me again til i was 32 weeks...Is this normal??? seems a long gap to me. I can't remember if i went that long with any of the others. Anyway i have no cause for concern, just wanted to ask if i should have been seen around 28wks????

i havent seen my mw since 23 weeks.. although i had 28 week bloods done at the hospital.

i think i had some 28 week bloods taken by my midwife aswell, then again she always seems to be taking it so i might be wrong :think: :think:

Unless its your 1st they dont bother to much unless you have a problem.
I had appointments with the MW every 4 weeks untill 30 weeks then it went to every 2 weeks then once a week.

I dont understand why they changed it :roll:

I went to my MW every 3wks until I was 30wks preg then every 2wks until I was 36wks and then every week after that if I remember correctly

it mightve changed again?
my girl friend had a baby in 2006 and she saw her mw every 2 weeks until 3rd tri, then every week until full-term, then twice a week!
by the time i had my baby in 2007 i only saw my mw every month until 3rd tri, then every 2 weeks until full-term, then every week after that.
idk thats just a possibility!

My friends on her second and saw her MW a few days ago at 20+ weeks and she now doesnt have to go back til Feb so yeah sounds bout right :)

You should be seeing her at least once a month! Id book a appointment with her. :D

i prefure it to be layed back..

had appointment at 9 weeks to book in (mw)
scan at 12 weeks at hospital
mw 16 weeks (7 weeks since seeing mw)
scan 21 weeks hospital
mw 23weeks (7 weeks since seeing mw)
bloods, anti-d and gtt at 28 weeks hospital
mw 33 weeks (10 weeks since seeing mw)

mine were

14 weeks to book in, 17 weeks for triple bloods and check up, then 28 weeks, then 32 weeks

seeing doc in between though

mine were every 4 weeks until 35 weeks when I changed doctors, then 37 weeks, then every week.

so, 9, 13, 16, 21, 24, 28 (bloods for rh-), 32, 35, 37, 38, 39, 40, 41

ish.

x

I saw mine every 4 weeks until late on and then it was every 2 weeks..and I never made it to the 38 week one!! :wink:

I saw my midwife at 8 and 16 weeks. Don't see her again till 28 weeks.
My next appointments after that will be 34, 36 and 38 weeks. And 41 and 42 weeks if I go overdue.

If it were my first baby I'd have one extra appointment at 24 weeks, I think they're trying to save money. I'm sure I saw the midwife much more frequently when I had James in 2002

I'm really glad I bought a doppler, otherwise I wouldn't hear the babys heartbeat for the first time untill 28 weeks!

last time i saw mine was at 16 weeks, and i will next see her 28 weeks, then again at 36 but thats it as its 2nd baby and had no problems last time, if im every concerned i just ring her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back