Haven't got a midwife appointment until 10 weeks

Bagpuss17

Reaction score
Well I went to the docs today and booked in with the midwives but the earliest they can see me is on the 6th December, the week I'm away with work so I won't be able to see them until the 10th of December.

Although they do early scans I won't be seeing them until I'm at 10 weeks.

Disappointed that I won't see them sooner, really wanted to be having my scan at 10/11 weeks which is the time they do them in our area (Notts).

Still getting cramps and had a little bit of nausea today as well.

aww hun i bet your right fed up try not to worry if thats the time they do them where you live they will prob book you in soon after mid wife sees you xxxx

Hope so, really want the scan before xmas. We could book a private one but why should we.

I had an early scan at 5 weeks, that we paid for, then dating scan at 10 weeks with m/w at 12 for booking in, it is so different in different areas, i would say seeing yor mw at 10 weeks was quite good though. Mine wouldnt do it any earlier in case of m/c

HUGE congratulations by the way!!

xxxx

5 week scan, could you see much on that? I've seen a place near us that do them from 7 weeks onwards.

It varies hugely doesn't it from region to region, lots of people have had appointments at 6 weeks with their midwives. Ours do them from 8 weeks.

I'd hoped it would be earlier just so I could get all the right advice straight from the midwife but I'll do lots of reading instead.

Hi and Congrats!!

I wouldnt worry too much. I didnt have my first appointment with midwife until 11 weeks, had a scan at 11 too (im in Lincs). First appointment turned out to be quite uneventful, just a lot of question-answering and filling in etc! To be honest as long as you look after yourself you'll be absolutely fine, you know whats sensible and whats not. I've found that your body tells you what it wants/needs more than any book!

My midwife only gave me basic advice, the obvious stuff like eating healthily etc. Your symptoms so far sound normal so unless you're are worried about anything just go with the flow, the main thing is that you feel happy & healthy - because if you do, chances are baby is feeling exactly the same!

Good luck with these early weeks, i hope your nausea doesnt get any worse!

Clare

Thanks Clare.

I'm just eager to get my scan booked in before xmas so that we can relax in the knowledge that everything is progressing OK. If I don't have my appointment until mid December, there isn't much chance of that happening. Although from what you said you got your scan quickly after your 1st appointment.

I've had a lot of CM today, is that normal?

no we couldnt see much on the scan really at 5 weeks, the idea was to confirm the pg though as i was very irregular and had no idea how far i was and my doc was no help and said that he couldnt confirm it - just to do another test and wait for the midwife to call!!!

i got pregnant ths time last year, and the doctort forgot to tell the midwife! so i was almst over 12 weeks by the time she came to see me!
the doctor blamed the christmas rush!!

What a nightmare! Poor you.

I'm feeling so anxious to get past these early weeks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back