Have you got a 4x4?

Eveadel

Reaction score
Just wondering what one you have and do you like it?

I have a Merc A Class but unfortunately it will not be big enough when we baby no 2?

I would like a 4x4 as I am a horsey lady so go up and down unmade roads.

I had a twin cab L200 pick up for a while, was fun (i love 4x4's and offroading btw), space wise it wasnt the best, back seats werent that big so were only really worthy of the kids... not much leg room for adults imo. id imagine itd be a pain with the kids things too, as whatever doesnt go in the cab can only go in the back (had solid cover on mine), but its a very capable 4x4, i had it sittin near vertical lol

Much preferred the range rover though (promised myself ill have another)... big, comfy, tons of space, though i didnt like taking it off road as much as i didnt want to scratch it :oops: used to fit all the stuff for the kids and all my junk in it an still be plenty of space. Was also used for towing a car trailer and the boat, if youre thinkin of usin horse trailer?

I would love a Range Rover but def out of my price range. I want a engine size of no more than about 2.7. Looking to spend up to about £10,000

yea they are expensive - though one of my friends picked his up for £10,000, thats a 2.5 diesel.

Haven checked prices of any, but first ones i generally think of are LR Discovery, toyota land cruiser, mitsubishi shogun... would imagine could get nice examples of them for £10k

OH has a L200 warrior. Cost around £9000 for the 2003 model.
He absolutely loves it. I don't drive myself so it seems like a tank to me, I'm scared when I get behind the wheel of our Micra! :oops:
The space in the back is great (got a hard top too), but getting in and out is getting a pain being pg!
I agree with there not being much leg room in the back, ok for the kids though

Most of those have huge guzzling engines. And tyres are a fortune compared to smaller 4WD's.

I'd look into a LWB Rav4, a good 4x4 off road and also handy round town. More economical also. Or other similar ones.

We have a Hyundai Santa Fe and I reckon you could get a decent 2 to 3 year old one for under 10k. We've done a bit of mild off-roading in it and it looks the part on the roads as well.

Ours only has a 2.0 litre diesel engine but it's enough and the fuel consumption is better that most 4x4s. They also come with a 5 year warranty, so if you bought a 2 year old one you would still get the remaining 3 years on it. It has loads of room in the back - we've had 5 adults and a dog in there comfortably. Some of the newer versions (2006 onwards) are 7 seater models too if it makes a difference.

suzuki vitara and suzuki jimny- LOVE THEM! they not practical at all but we got a practical car too :)

i cant stand 4 x 4s. Especially in the city. I live in a tiny little narrow street and someone has one. All they bloody do with it is the school run n all.

I saw a program on them not long ago where they could get somthing like nine 5 year old children behind a parked one and the driver STILL couldnt see them through the mirror.

Horrible monster things, not to menchin the enviroment.

dont know why 4x4's get a bad name... theyre not as bad as media makes them out to be!

sizewise... my saloon car is the same/bigger both in width and length than most 4x4's, emissions wise... alot of cars are worse, for example, a diesel land rover discovery has same emissions output as a new mini!

however i do believe they should be used off road more, but thats just because i see it as a load of technology and machine going to waste lol and people feel safer in 4x4's... cant blame them for that

Id feel safe in a 4x4 - doubt the pedestrians would around me tho lmao :oops: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I think some of them look great, what I hate is when ppl drive them think they own the road!

Driving in the middle of the road is totally unessarry but in saying that smaller cars do that too sometimes...

I had a bad experience of one, went xmas shopping and some stupid tw*t with a 4x4 had parked so close to my car i couldn't even get in the passagner side, I also say the lady nxt to himleaving so I kindly asked how long she had been there and it was for a good while and there was a huge gap on the driver side. Idiot!

Sorry not saying thats any of you...

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back