Have you ever

MrsR

Reaction score
Gone hungry to feed your child/ren? I've been reading several articles lately that suggest that many parents are going hungry in order to give their children food. I've also just read this http://m.guardian.co.uk/commentisfr...ildren-charity?cat=commentisfree&type=article
which really shocked me! I'll be honest my husband and I have not eaten so that our daughter could before now and he was actually in work at the time!

I have. I remember having about a pound or so and popping to town and thinking of the food she could eat that would last the longest :/ luckily Im better with money now lol. That and I just don't buy much apart from food and bills and even then it can be a struggle sometimes.

I think most parents in the UK would do the same tbh.

Haven't but definetly would to be honest

Luckily things haven't got that bad for us yet but we've come close to it and if it did I would most definitely give up food for myself for my LO. It's ridiculous how expensive food is getting x

Another good reason to Bf lol I know for Defo I would give up my food, we came very very close a few times, and cried over it because I obv had to continue to eat when pg and Bf

I would but have never needed to, or even come close. I can't imagine how living like that would feel.

I have never needed to but I would without a seconds thought!!
xxx

I have never come close, but would do if need be. Was.quite unimpressed however to see the example they used on the news for this story last week had an amazing tv, computer, beautifully decorated.home.etc and their.little one was about 3months in a gorgeous little outfit and they were saying how little money they had for food? It's such a big problem I just feel daybreak totally belittled the story.by using a family who obviously feel belongings etc are more important than feeding the family? Sorry.ramble over x

I have never come close, but would do if need be. Was.quite unimpressed however to see the example they used on the news for this story last week had an amazing tv, computer, beautifully decorated.home.etc and their.little one was about 3months in a gorgeous little outfit and they were saying how little money they had for food? It's such a big problem I just feel daybreak totally belittled the story.by using a family who obviously feel belongings etc are more important than feeding the family? Sorry.ramble over x

I see where you're coming from hun, but could it possibly have been the case that they had all those things before they ended up in that situation?

I haven't had to go without food but I totally would if it was a case of feed me or my children. I think any mother (hopefully) would do so. xx

I've not went hungry but i've went without things, for example no money for lunch for both of us so she has lunch & I have cereal, that type of thing. I used to be so disorganised with money, I get my wages monthly & also weekly child ben/tax creds, first thing I do when my weekly money comes in is order food & meals for the week.

xxxxxxx

Not yet but about to start as my OMP has stopped and SMP no where near enough :(

She had bloody hair extensions! I cant afford hair extensions.

I never have been that bad i would always try bulk out food with potato or something cheap to make it spread if i could. for example when we where skint i got a bag of smartprice pasta 24p and some smartprice sauce 39p and could make enough for four people for 63p you dont need the meat it tastes lovely if i had any more money i would add some mushrooms or even some frozen chicken. -- Just an idea there for anyone struggling with money!
I have always managed to find a way to make the food spread, using filling stuff like pasta and potato means it goes further too x

Iv never had to. But I would. Luckily I don't think I will ever need to. We have a good family around us.
I remember being younger, my mum was bringing me and my sister up on our own. And she would actually make our dinners, and see what we left and she would eat that... So sad xxx

I have never been in this situation and hope that I never do, but I deffo
would not eat myself and make sure my kids were fed. X

I've never had to but I definitely would. I'd like to think all mothers would

To be honest i would have sold my tv, gold everything first. That lass who was there with a flatscreen tv saying she had no money, get to cash converters if it means you can eat! It will stop the cost of tv licence too. x

i havent cos food n feeding my baby is my priority but ive sold lots of my things and i go without clothes or new stuff so i can buy what baby needs be it food clothes or nappies etc. smp is naff when its most of what we get. hell my oh's wages arent much different and its only cos im stupid and got in debt that we struggle a lil bit

Gosh no.

I would borrow money if I was that skint to pay for food or go to my Mam's house.

Holy moly. I'd hate to be in that position. I'm currently looking at how to minimise my £100 a week food shopping bill lol

I dnt understand how people can actually get in that state x

No i dont, i would rather not pay my bills and have food, it would be 1st on my list, like i said i would sell everything first, or borrow or go to my mums. Anything but go without food! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back