Have I just over done it?

mummy2b19

Reaction score
I am 34 weeks tomorrow, and I took my mums dogs out for a walk yesterday we were out for about and hour in the woods so it wasnt like just wodering around town and they were both pulling on their leads (baddly trained dogs lol) ones a collie and ones a lab so they are both quite stong dogs. I then spent the rest of the afternoon getting up and down off the floor because the collie ended up at the vets having a general anasthtic because he had cut the back of his throat with a stick. Ever since we got back off the walk my bump has been really crammpy, tight and generally quite sore. diddnt realy manage to sleep last night, a hot water bottle helps and im still getting loads of movements do you think iv just over done it abit? xx

Keep an eye on it and if your worried phone the mw.

Exercise is one of the things that can cause BH, it's possible you have just over done it.

Try going for a warm bath to see if that helps

Xxx

Sounds like it. See how today goes, and if it becomes sore call your midwife.
Look after yourself.

yes it sounds like you have. the dogs pulling on the lead will probably have cause most of it. i know both breeds well and they are strong and unpredictable when they want to go somewhere they just go lead or no lead. its amazing cause you do not realise how much you use your stomach muscles until you are pg. i would rest up and just make sure the baby is moveing as normal. if in doubt id call my midwife xx

Sounds like you have overdone it hunny.........now go rest with your feet up for the rest of the day - that's an order!!!

I've had to give up walking my dogs, they are extremely well behaved but a few days ago a loose out of control Labrador decided to run across 2 fields at my male Mal (on lead) and have a go...........stupid Lab as my boy weighs close to 8 stone! Owner didn't even bother to call the dog back and carried on walking away despite being fully aware of the scrap and when their dog got back they would see it came off worse..............

So no more dog walking for me, I don't trust other people to control their dogs. I will however sit in the paddock while they goon aroound for an hour though!!

Try to rest plenty today and see if the pains ease. A warm bath might help too. Sounds like you really have overdone it. If you still feel in pain later maybe contact your MW for some advice. Good luck! Xx

Yep definately. I find if i do too much housework/lifting i get the same. Try to rest as much as possible today hun xx

i'm at mums all day just keeping an eye on the collie bless him he still cant eat and wimpers when he drinks so planning on sitting and watching the teli all day lol OH is at home so he can do the house work that needs doing lol. might go for a bath in a min because mums bath is bigger than mine at home I get stuck in mine dont know if mine is small or hers is big but deffo more comfy at hers lol. fgot a hot water bottle aswell that helped last night, see how i get on with that and il ring midwife later if it gets no better, not that you can ever actually get hold of her lol. thanks ladies :) xx

Sounds like you have overdone it hunny.........now go rest with your feet up for the rest of the day - that's an order!!!

I've had to give up walking my dogs, they are extremely well behaved but a few days ago a loose out of control Labrador decided to run across 2 fields at my male Mal (on lead) and have a go...........stupid Lab as my boy weighs close to 8 stone! Owner didn't even bother to call the dog back and carried on walking away despite being fully aware of the scrap and when their dog got back they would see it came off worse..............

So no more dog walking for me, I don't trust other people to control their dogs. I will however sit in the paddock while they goon aroound for an hour though!!

Bloody hell what kind of dog have you got? xx

Bloody hell what kind of dog have you got? xx

lololol!!

I have 4 Alaskan Malamutes, 1 Canadian Eskimo Dog and 3 Border Collies!!

My boy Xabi is currently in 'working condition' as we race them, so he's a walking powerhouse!!

Xabi.jpg

Xabi and Noah (CED) working

SimonCpicfromFB.jpg

As they are such big dogs I insist they walk nicely and behave on the lead!!!

they are stunning I used to work with a guy who had two Alaskan Malamutes he used to tie them to a full beer barrel in the garden at the pub because he didnt like to leave them at home and they would just pull them stright over. amazing animals I'v always wanted one but dont have the room or time for them it would be unfair to get one especially with baby coming but wow such amazing dogs and great pics xx:)

yes you have just done too much......it happened tp me after loads of housework and moving about on saturday....i rested all day yesterday and feel fine again now. lots of rest hon x

Yp, sounds like you over done it to me. BH can start from exercise and doing lots. Keep an eye on things today if they don't improve phone midwife if your worried. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back