Have I had a pregnancy loss? Help!

Discussion in 'Coping with Miscarriage & Loss' started by MMC, Feb 28, 2022.

1. MMC

MMC New Member

I returned home after a long-haul flight and had experienced mild cramping and feeling general 'stuff' happening down there. I had some mild nausea, and just generally didn't feel great. I arrived home, was utterly exhausted and slept most of the day. During the day I got up for a pee and noticed what looked like grey / brown tissue in the toilet bowl - like grey looking flesh with one end that looked a bit bloody - that must've come from my vagina. It's now two days later and I feel fine: my breasts aren't tender anymore and generally I feel physically pretty normal. This is my first pregnancy and I just don't know what to do.

2. Fsb676

Fsb676 Well-Known Member

I would ring your doctor for sure. Sometimes some light spotting in cm can be normal. How far are you? Disappearing symptoms isn’t a great sign. Your doctor should be able to do an ultrasound and/or hcg blood test to ensure numbers are doubling. If you had a full miscarriage, there would have been much more bleeding and tissue lost. You wouldn’t have doubted or missed it for sure. With my miscarriage I started spotting, and then bleeding, but mine was a missed miscarriage. The baby stopped growing around 6 wk 2 days, and due to some other circumstances, I unfortunately didn’t miscarry until about 4-6 weeks later. It was my first as well, and I wasn’t sure what to except or if I had yet miscarried. I had heavy bleeding, and thought maybe I was finished….but when it actually happened..there was no mistaking. I am so sorry if you are going through a loss, but I do hope that all is well…and you get some answers! <3