Have I done the right thing

Sully2012

Reaction score
I have been off for two weeks with a kidney infection. Last Monday I had a scan on my kidneys to see what was going on. During the scan the scanner person took a quick look at my baby but did no measurements etc. I was booked in for a scan on baby on 29 Dec to check growth etc yet because the scan lay mon showed baby was ok, even though they did no measurements, my scan on 29 was cancelled. My OH has been so sweet and told me to book a private growth scan. There is one available next tues, should I book or just leave it until I see midwife after Xmas? I can't stop worrying x

you know the baby is fine so why the panic? kidney infections in preg are quite common i was hospitalised for a week with one during my first preg and although i was really ill the baby was fine i was 7 months preg at the time and later gave birth to a healthy 7lb 8 oz baby.
if having a private scan puts your mind at rest go for it,but as u have been told babys fine id try to relax and rest and just get yourself well again.xx.

i agree, as they would have had to know how far gone u was roughly to treat you so if they looked and thought something didnt look right they would have either consulted someone or kept your appointment.

if u need that personal reassurrance then book it anyway

also if they did think either baby was small/big there isnt much they can do anyways so would probably have just waited and booked you to see a consultant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back