Hate clothes shopping :-(

Tigger87

Reaction score
I had a next voucher, so I bought a few tops online. Next day delivery - amazing. I had to get then delivered to home because they wouldn't accept a gift card as payment for first in store pick up. So had to pay £3.99 (non refundable).

Well, first top, is awful. It's see through (why did the online picture not show this?!), it barely fits over my boobs, and has very limited room for growth in the bump area - I'm not sure I could even sit down in it.

Top number 2 made me look like a whale. The cut was totally unflattering and there was far too much fabric. And again, see through material.

I have to return them both tomorrow, I lose my delivery charge, and I feel rubbish about myself :-(

I wish I could try things on before I commit to buy them, there's only 2 tiny maternity sections in store within a 60 mile radius - new look and peacocks. And they have no work stuff.

Back to eBay for my shopping I think, they disappoint me far less!!!!

How annoying!! I went to get a couple of bits today and bought a dress in h&m but it's very fitted and I'm scared I won't have the balls to wear it...shows off every new curve! Got a long top in there too which is flattering.
I've only managed to get stuff on ebay until now, two pairs of trousers and jeans. Pretty dirt cheap too!
Use your vouchers on cute baby stuff ;-) xxx

Maternity wear is shocking i think, the only place ive managed find anything reasonable is from h&m even then theres not a massive selection! X

The section in h&m looked like a whirlwind had hit it,was a right mess! And hidden in the corner. It's so annoying that so few shops have a maternity range. Online is well and good but chances are it might look crap! :)

Online is well and good but chances are it might look crap! :)

And when you live so far from any bigger brands, "click and collect" for free, is not a possibility, so it costs money just to try them on and look rubbish :-(

We have no h&m, matalan, George... Just next, new look and peacocks really!! Argh!!

Its shocking i cant believe how crap it is, i hate buying online as like you tigger like to try before i buy, the best ive found online is new lookx

Try ASOS, I got some nice jeans, tops and jumpers :)

Im living in primark stretchy tops at 3 quid each with bump bands. Amazing! Plus jeggins from asda and primark . They r my wardrobe staples atm x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

Im living in primark stretchy tops at 3 quid each with bump bands. Amazing! Plus jeggins from asda and primark . They r my wardrobe staples atm x

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I wish I had the legs for jeggings!! Skinny fit anything look wrong!!! (And it's even 60 miles+ to the nearest primark... They don't even do online orders :-( )

What sort of tops you looking for? I've found the new look tshirts to be ok, if a bit boring.

If ordering online with free returns you're best ordering loads and in different sizes and then sending what you don't want back. I ordered 6 pairs of trousers from next in two different sizes and only kept one.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I'm after some decent tops for work. I usually just wear tshirts but was looking for something a bit smarter.

It's the style and antic on these two that were all wrong, I can usually say I'm a definite 14 in most shops so don't usually have that issue :-(

This sounds exactly like where I live... nothing!!

Luckily I'm back to manchester at least once a month so have a lot there to choose from.

Tbh at the moment I'm just buying dresses and tops in bigger sizes...asda have some great long tops that Ive just bought a few sizes up and look great with leggings or my maternity trousers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back