Has your pet been different since you became pregnant

KeelyT90

Reaction score
I know mine has. My cat is nearly 8, she never brings in any "presents" however, the last month or 2, she has decided I would be very appreciative of dead rodents & birds!!
Lovely.

The only other time she did this was when I first had my little boy 2 years ago, then when he was a few months old, she brought live ones in - I was told this is because she thought he was old enough to learn to hunt himself.

Has your pet been acting differently??

I don't have any pets but have noticed dogs have started following me lol and standing beside me

My dog has only started being a bit weird the last month, very clingy and emotional - I thought she'd figured out what was going on and was worried about being replaced... she's a rescue I adopted about 8 yrs ago with problems with nervousness and anxiety, but has chilled out a bit as she's gotten older. Somebody pointed out in June mums that female pets can get overprotective of you close to labour though, and want to urge you to get somewhere safe, so maybe she's not just being entirely selfish after all! The last week, she's been practically tied to me - following me around everywhere and even waiting outside the bathroom when I have a bath, bless 'er haha She doesn't like me leaving the house at all either!

Yes! My female cat isn't any different but my male cat definitely is. He's always followed me around like a puppy anyway but he's even more clingy and has been since before I even took a test. He's taken to crying to get me to sit down so that he can lie on my bump!

My dog has only started being a bit weird the last month, very clingy and emotional - I thought she'd figured out what was going on and was worried about being replaced... she's a rescue I adopted about 8 yrs ago with problems with nervousness and anxiety, but has chilled out a bit as she's gotten older. Somebody pointed out in June mums that female pets can get overprotective of you close to labour though, and want to urge you to get somewhere safe, so maybe she's not just being entirely selfish after all! The last week, she's been practically tied to me - following me around everywhere and even waiting outside the bathroom when I have a bath, bless 'er haha She doesn't like me leaving the house at all either!
Aww she's making sure you don't go in labour alone isn't she! Bless x

Yes! My female cat isn't any different but my male cat definitely is. He's always followed me around like a puppy anyway but he's even more clingy and has been since before I even took a test. He's taken to crying to get me to sit down so that he can lie on my bump!
Ahh, my cat isn't being quite like that, just bringing me dead things.....
My puppy miniature dachshund is no different though, I don't think he has any idea x

I don't have pets but my best friend has a dog. He's usually very exciteable when he first sees me, now he just sits at my feet or very calmly jumps up into the sofa next to me and gives me a 'look'. It's like he knows! Very weird.
Hubby's best friend has a cat too and when we visit there she comes straight over and sits on my knee. Don't think I've ever even petted her before being pregnant!

I don't have pets but my best friend has a dog. He's usually very exciteable when he first sees me, now he just sits at my feet or very calmly jumps up into the sofa next to me and gives me a 'look'. It's like he knows! Very weird.
Hubby's best friend has a cat too and when we visit there she comes straight over and sits on my knee. Don't think I've ever even petted her before being pregnant!
I wish my MIL's dog was like that.... He has gone the complete opposite, hes nearly 7 stone and jumped on my stomach on Sunday. Grrrrr x

Mine are same as usually( one is always clingy) but last time I'd say 35 weeks? They were both constantly cuddling me on the sofa and both had to lay their heads on me...

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

My baby girl Siamese is all over my bumps. Wants to be on it as soon as I sit down! Was not such a lap cat until I was pregnant. Both have been fussier, but interesting! I am sure they know. Sometimes, the baby starts kicking as soon as my lilac point sits on me and purrs. She can feel the kicks and just looks at me... So sure she knows!

Sometimes my dog is really well behaved, he seems to be making easier for me to get him back on his lead etc. Other times he's still a bit naughty haha.

My cats have always brought me 'presents' so can't really say that's changed/new.

But the last week or so one of my girls has been more affectionate than normal. She's always quite aloof and will go off for a day or two at a time in the summer and spend most of her time outside but the last few days she's been staying closer and checking in more. She's just been sat with me and put her paw like this! :D

Attachments

• cheshandbump.jpg
    cheshandbump.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 13
my dogs haven't been 'too' different, except the collie is more anxious I would say, and the old boy is acting a bit odd, hard to describe but this evening I wondered where he had gone and found him asleep on my daughters bedroom floor (the dogs aren't allowed upstairs). All very odd but it could be his age as he is getting on now.

My degu boy Sean was confused at first as to why I had suddenly gained a mountain of a belly for him to climb but he's generally OK now and snuggles in my dressing gown for about an hour everyday. His brother has no interest or understanding really from what we can gather. :)

Our friends dogs have gone abit softer around me though. They are normally very boistrous and I always play ball with them but they knew something was different. Our friends Rottweiler sniffed my belly instantly the first time I visited after we found out we were pregnant and does not leave my side when I visit. When we went away last month he stuck to me like glue! Equally our other friends Labrador would not stop sniffing me and would follow me around and then lay at my feet! Interestingly though, my mum's 2 dogs, a Yorkie and a Shnoodle didnt seem to notice! :lol:

Got DH's dog and cat as part of my package deal ;) Cat's not so fussed but female staffie insists on sitting between my legs when I'm in bed or on the sofa chaise part. Early on she always stopped DsS from getting too close to me as well. Nothing dodgy, just sitting between us lol

My lovely little boy shih tzu dog is sooo attached to me and my bump, he is a very loving dog towards me and my daughter so I think he's gonna be great with the baby. My terrier female pup however doesn't give a shit lol xx

Haha that's terriers for you! Lol x

:rofl: tell me about it, she is almost 1 and I am NEVER ever ever ever getting a terrier ever again!! I will probably be stuck with her for the next 15 years as well :rofl: bloody dog! xx

:rofl: tell me about it, she is almost 1 and I am NEVER ever ever ever getting a terrier ever again!! I will probably be stuck with her for the next 15 years as well :rofl: bloody dog! xx
My dad has jack russells and man alive, they're bonkers! I lived with them when pregnant with my first, the male decided he wouldn't come near me any more and barked at me and the female became over snuggly. I have an 8 month old miniature dachsund this time around and he also couldn't care less x

All my cats are more sookie with me during pregnancy.#

Suri my oldest with knead my bump, Sulley will lie right on it much to displease of baby and Yumi just curls up and puts her head on it.

But none of them were fussed when we brought Jackson home, just looked as if hm whats that? nothing for us? kool. :lol:

Suri was quite protective mind you, lying under the moses or cot etc she is the most mothery of the cats though.

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back