has anyone tried caster oil?

iwanttobeamumm

Reaction score
i know caster oil has risks but i have tried EVERYTHING ELSE i'll be a week over due tomorrow and have tried everything including sweeps baby isnt moving as much and im getting worried i'm booked for induction next thursday but i dont want to be induced as ive been told it hurts more and can cause complications and i wont be able to have a pool birth i've avoided caster oil until now because of the risks but people keep telling me it works so has anyone else tried it and how did it go?

I've heard it works but can risk becoming dehydrated cuz all you do is poo!

Personally I don't think I'd try it, just lots of walking, pineapple, sex and stimulation, and more walking. Do the kerb thing where u walk with one foot on the road and one on the pavement so get those hips tilting, apart from that it's all down to baby.

Hope something works soon hunixx

please dont try it it make you poo and baby aswell so you wouldnt be alowed pool birth anyway and you will be putting your baby at risk of infection!

the only reason castor oil works is that it causes lots of bowl cramps and because the bowl is next to the uterus it can trigger that to start contracting too! But yes you could end up dehydrated and low on nutrients for it not to work!

I tried parsley tea with my daughter - I was meant to drink 2 cups a day, but after the first day I thought I wouldn't drink anymore as couldn't face it - it's vile! lol....but I went into labour that night! and wasn't 40+1!

As above...I wouldn't risk it if I were you! Not pleasant for you and not really safe for baby.

You could try every remedy under the sun...the truth is, baby will come when he/she is good and ready! Not want you to want to hear...but true unfortunately xx

im not saying i am going to do it just wondered if its worth it i have tried everything including the kerb thing im so fed up :(

Ah I went 9 days over and it was torture, but u are literally days away now huni so fingers crossed it will all just kick off soon for u xxxxx

if you want to be shitting through the eye of a needle whilst you are giving birth go ahead!!! lol

have you tried Clary Sage oil? go get some and put a few drops in your bath. Then mix a few drops with a spoon full of olive oil and rub it over the bump. If that hasnt worked, then apply the rub every 12 hours.

I did try this at 39 weeks and nothing happened. But I got induced at 40 weeks, and even after pessaries etc baby didnt want to come. So I think she just wasnt ready.

your almost at the limit so hopefully it should work for you! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back