:-{ has anyone heard of this?

samandbump

Reaction score
i have just seen a midwife at the hospital who has really scared and upset me, she said she heard my baby's heartbeat skip a few beats, this has really worried me, she didnt explain it very well at all, now im really scared my baby has a heart problem :( has anyone had this?

If you are concerned please ring the hospital and ask them to explain. The midwife shouldn't have said something like that without clarifying. They must know how much us mums worry. :(

It could be that the monitor just came displaced so it didn't pick up a constant beat. I had that happen a few times with my youngest one. It's nothing to worry about just that the baby or monitor moved out of range for a second or two.

:hug:

she was awful to me really i have a good mind to complain!!!!!!
all the readings have been normal everytime i have had to be monitered, i have had it done loads of times, i thought it must of been him moving away from moniter, im ok now i have calmed down and thought about it realistically!!!

thanks for the extra reassurance, im sure if my baby had a heart problem, it would of been picked up on the 20 week scan, and if not then definatly before now!!!

when I first went into labour at about 30 weeks - the heart monitor showed my son's heart skipping slowing down everything. :( The midwives had a little panic and a little fuss and panicked me and made me fuss. The next morning my consultant basically told them to stop being silly. He scanned me and showed the heartbeat was slowing with each contraction because DS was squeezing his umbilical cord :rotfl: and the skipped heartbeat - as he said they don't monitor all babies all the time - he thinks its probably normal for a developing baby :D it's just that we don't know as we only monitor for little bits of time now and then

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back