Has anyone had a midline put in?

ree77

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I was wondering if anyone has had a midline put in during their pregnancy. As I posted before in a previous thread I had been severely dehydrated and my midwife opted to not put me in hospital and instead ia having a nurse come out to my house to give me I.V. which I thought was going to be daily but here to come find out the nurse is coming out today and inserting a midline in my arm and leaving it there and I will be giving myself an I.V. daily! :shock: I've got to admit, I'm a little bit nervous about that. It's one thing to have it in for a few days while in the hospital but to have it in maybe during the rest of my pregnancy and going through my day to day activities with this needle in my arm makes me a little unsettled. So I am hoping someone else out there has had this done and can put my mind at ease and tell me there's nothing to worry about ya big baby!! Somebody? Anybody? lol :?

xoxo Ree

I haven't but it's all going to be ok ya big baby :lol:
(Hope that helps a little)
I have had a cannular (spelling?) put in and once they're there it's all ok. They'll make sure you can't do anything with it - tape it down etc.
Good luck

no sorry ree but im sure everything is going to be fine hun wishing you a speedy recovery big big hugs to you and try not to worry
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks guys!! Louise that sure did help! :wink: She'll be here any moment and now my heart is fluttering because I am so nervous and the thing is I am sure I have NOTHING to worry about but my brain won't comprehend that!! ugh!! My DH is a little freaked as well there are a bunch of medical supplies that were delivered last night i.e. i.v. bags, medication, gauze, syringes etc. and the last time anything like that was delivered it was for his mother who was dying so that has brought back memories for him even tho he knows it's not that serious, it still has freaked him out! So ok I'll letcha guys know when all is said and done and I feel like a morane for acting like a baby! :oops:

xoxo Ree

OK so my midline is in and it was actually a little painful and more blood then I had imagined!!! :oops: But I am alive and yes I worried for nothing!! :lol: It is a little uncomfortable at the moment but I am sure it will feel better. The fluids will be running in me 24/7 and the nurse will come over once a week to change my dressing. So we'll see how I do with this. :D :D

xoxo Ree

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back