Has anyone had a laparoscopy for endo?

DonnaMarie1

Reaction score
Hi

I am getting a laparoscopy done on the 21st for possible endometriosis. I am pretty nervous about it, never been knocked out before. Just wondering has anyone else here had one before? an if so what tips can you give me? I've only booked two days off from work for it as I work from home an hopefully will be recovered enough to work on my computer. A friend of mine had one done before whilst she was on the waiting list for ivf but the surgeon was able to remove the endo scar tissue and she fell pregnant a few months after it without needing the ivf, I'm hoping its the same for me.

Hi,

I had mine done in Jan 2103 so a few years back now, I think I under estimated the amount you use your stomach mussels for and don't realise, you will need to take it very easy for a good few days.
I got put to sleep was under for about 45 mins. Sometimes you can get air trapped in your shoulders where they blow up your tummy a little so I drank pepper mint tea which helps lots.
I also to had 4 areas of ends removed and fell pregnant 15 months later with out any help and TTC after only 1 cycle - since having my little boy and BF I have had no pain whats so ever and am expecting baby number 2 again 1 month of ttc.
Good Luck

I have had it but it not for endo. I had a week off work, I agree with lucky, I found the air they pump you with was really painful when it moved to my shoulders, it made sleeping quite difficult xx

I have endo and have had 3 laparoscopys in total. All of which needed about a week for me to settle.
As the other posts have said, the trapped wind in the shoulder is the painful bit and you'll need painkillers for a few days to help with that.
don't rush about and rest yourself for a few days afterwards. x

Thanks girls :)

Yeah I am pretty nervous about getting it done, have read about the shoulder pain due to the trapped gas and may take some windeez tablets before the op as read that it helps. Hopefully its worth getting it done and helps me get preggers :)

Hey Sweets,

I've had two laparoscopies for Endo, both in 2010 so a while ago but make sure you have some painkillers at home as hospital only gave me enough for the day I was released and it wasn't enough. Follow the advice about not lifting etc afterwards and take it easy. If you're leaving the hospital in a car take a cushion or pillow to put between your tummy and the seat belt. The anesthesia stops your digestive system too and it can take a while for things to get moving again so having fiber and senna etc to get things going is good. Have a stock of magazines / dvds which you don't have to concentrate on to watch as your attention span might be quite short. Try not to be too nervous they're fairly routine procedures and as long as you listen to your body and take it easy you should heal up quickly enough.

P xxx

I never had larascopy for endometriosis I did have one for a cyst on my right ovary and my appendix ruptured as removed (stressed was not the word before it happened) so I know what it's like when they put air in you and you are windy as hell for days but you don't smell haha. I had that done in June 2014 2 months after getting married and then fell pregnant the December. So the cyst was the cause for us I think xxx

Hi is this the same as a D&C I had mine done in June without antiseptic I'm still spotting on and off it seems to go away then once I do any exercise are dtd it returns. I have a follow up appointment in August, hope this help me to conceive, Does anyone know when your periods return properly afterwards.

Last edited:
Girls, can Laparoscopy be done during period??

I hope AF stays away, just wanted to know

xx

I have had one, I may have been at the end of my period at the time too x

So its ok then :) Its good to know! I look forward to this now. Of course I hope I get pregnant before it! That would be incredible :)

xxx

Fingers crossed you get pregnant first x

Thank you!!! I will :pray: now everyday I get pregnant before I have op!!!

That would be dream come true!!!

xx

When is your op booked in for? If you ask them nicely they might flush your tubes through too :) x

Last edited:
Its 08/09/2016. Im having everything done including flushing the tubes.

Wow sounds scary!

xx

Flushing your tubes could just get you your BFP ... You never know :) x

Nurse told me that is very likely to get pregnant straight after the op.

She told me to have sex as soon as I can ha ha so cool!

I am excited and nervous at the same time. I have no idea what this op is like.

xx

Wow, did she say anything about it?

I have no idea what to expect.

xx

She didn't say a lot, she had been trying for a couple of months and was already scheduled for it and got pregnant immediately after it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back