Has anyone got or had the implant?

LouiseH

Reaction score
Thinking about my contraception options..
And really considering the implant. I've read all the leaflets but it doesn't answer all my questions, and I'd kinda like opinions from people who have used it before..

What were your periods like when using it?
Did you get it done at the doctors or have you gotta go to hosp for it?
Does it hurt? (LOL I'm such a puff!)

Someone I know had it and her periods were almost constant! Which I'd hate, but I know everyones diffo, that's why I'm wodering other ladies experiences on it.

So any info would be great.
Thanks in advance x

RWhat were your periods like when using it?
My periods are very light, and roughly once a month I've stopped tracing my periods but I've started to be curious so I'm going to track them again.

Doctors for me but I'm sure if you ask your doctor or midwife they will tell you

I won't lie lol but don't be put off
The anithetic hurt but once that was done I couldn't feel the rod being inserted and it was well worth it in my opinion.

I had a few mood swings for a few weeks after but once the hormones settle I've been fine

I had it for 11 month I'd go maybe a couple of months no period then have a long heavy one for a few week.

It didn't hurt much to have it put in and doctors did it.

I was so moody on it tho.
I was a rare case because I was allergic so it itched constantly and my body tried to reject it. But it was that rare I was told by a few doctors its not possible to even the nurse who diagnosed it said she hadn't seen it before.

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 2

I have a period about once every 9 weeks for a couple of days. And it didn't hurt one bit to have put in. I defo recommend it xx

I had it about six years ago and had slight spotting on it. Was a little moody for the first 3 months and suffered headaches. After 3 months I was fine though.

And I had it fitted again yesterday. They have a new, quicker way if inserting it now then before. The needle for the local hurt and my arm was aching last night and today bit it's nothing like child birth lol. Last time I had it I went family planning. This time the nurse at my doctors did it. I made the appointment at my 6 week check up.

I had two in a row.

First one I had absolutely no periods for 3 years, second I had about 4 light ones at random time.

First one was a family planning clinic, second time docs.

The worst bit is the local anaesthetic - but it's a quick jag. After that the top of your arm is numb so u don't feel rod going in. Can ache a wee bit later, kinda like when you get flu jab.

For people who have bleeding that takes a while to settle Drs often now prescribe a pill to regulate bleeds

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Hiya

I've got the implant but have been having constant bleeding, not heavy but enough for a panty liner and for it to be a pain in the arse! So at the moment, I'm on the pill too for 3 months to see if that stops the bleeding, which it has, but need to see what happens after the 3 months! So.....

What were your periods like when using it?
See above!

Got it done at the docs, had to make an appointment with the doc and a nurse.

The worst bit is the anaesthetic first, after that you don't feel the probe thing going in. I had a lovely long bruise all the way along afterwards! You have to keep a pressure bandage on it for about 24 hours.

If I start constantly bleeding again after being on the pill ill be asking for it out coz I'd rather just be on the pill, but I really like the idea of it and I know lots of ladies have no probs with it whatsoever.

So, give it ago, you've nothing to lose I guess!

Jill x

Think I'm guna try it :)
Didn't realise you could go on the pill with it to stop bleeds. So defo guna try it and my appointment is next wed :) Happuy days :D

Also, because I've had sex since giving birth and getting this, will it mean they'll wana do a pg test? Hmm x

Think I'm guna try it :)
Didn't realise you could go on the pill with it to stop bleeds. So defo guna try it and my appointment is next wed :) Happuy days :D

Also, because I've had sex since giving birth and getting this, will it mean they'll wana do a pg test? Hmm x

I wouldn't be suprised Hun they probably will test you :)

Did they not give you advice about abstaining/ensuring you're not pregnant for a couple of weeks before the insertion? Basically if it's not the first couple of days of your period when they insert it they will want to be completetly sure you're not pregnant on the day. Even a pregnancy test will not tell this if you had sex the night before, say. I would check what their requirements will be, otherwise you might get turned away on the day.

Xxx

Last edited:
Had it. Hated it. Got it removed! ! Constant period for about 6 months!! X

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I've had no advice other then a leaflet. I'll get advice when I go next wed..
If I need to go back another time when they've got the results I will :) x

Same as constantstar... They talked me into it at 18 convincing me I was too irresponsible to remember to take the pill so I got it. Constant periods after that, I'd be on for 3 weeks, off for 4 days and on again. They gave me the pill to try and regulate my bleeds but it didn't settle down. I ended up taking the pill alongside it for 12 months until I said enough was enough and had it taken out.

Didn't feel it being put in at all, got it at he family planning clinic, but it was a nightmare being taken out. The local didn't take effect, I ended up having three injections for it.

Nightmare. After I had my LO they offered it to me and I less than politely declined and went back on the pill. Mini pill while breastfeeding, then combined, and then mini pill again after migraines...

I had no period but then again got pregnant 3 weeks after having it put in ! X

I had one when I was 16 and it didn't hurt as they use local anaesthetic at the docs. Although it did make me feel queasy looking at it an feeling it for first few times. My periods stopped for bout 6 month...then I was regular for the next 2 years ish and then leading up to having it out I had BAD periods. Like I would black out from the pain it hurt so much. I swear, now I know what contractions feel like, they used to be like that lol. And if someone grabbed you by the arm and pressed it in...it hurt :( xxx

I've had mine in 2 years 5 months and have had no problems what so ever! Its completely stopped my periods and if im honest i totally forget its even there. Will be having another when the 3 years are up! x

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk 2

My first one was fine, then when they replaced it after 3 years I had non stop periods and was a moody cow lol!

Just been fitted with the copper coil today, much less painful than having the implant in xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back