Has anyone got a 9.5kg or 20lb baby?

fresh

Reaction score
I just want to know what your baby is eating and drinking if they are around 20lb?
Hospital are being quite particular about what we are trying to get into Charlie before discharging us, we are struggling to get what he needs in to him
But.... Before illness he was on 3 stage 1 size purée, 600 mls of milk, we are achieving this

They are saying they want him on 700mls and 3 meals, he's not taken more than 600 for the last 3 days and we are practically force feeding him :(

So: what do yours eat and drink?
X

Getting Cay weighed tomorrow, but he must be around about that weight by now.

He has a lump of porridge (about the size of half a stage 1 jar), a half stage 1 jar and a yogurt, and two whole stage 1 jars, and 510ml.

So, about the equivalent of 3 and a half stage 1, and his 510ml. Xx

So sorry to hear you are going through such a difficult time.

My daughter is 5 months in a couple of days and is 20lbs and is still exclusively breast fed so I'm not sure what exactly she's eating. She feeds every couple of hours and usually (not always) empties one side which is around 4-5oz when I express. I haven't introduced solids etc yet. She is on the 91st centile for weight though.

I hope Charlie gets discharged very soon.xxx

Hey lovely,
Amelie is 9.5 m old and about that weight.

she has the following schedule

7: a bottle around 150 ml
8.30 breakfast usually 1/2 of a cheese toast or maybe a little baby porridge or 1/2 a croissant, cinnamon bun etc
12. Lunch : meat and vegetables she has it blw now but if puréed is about 1/2 of the size of a baby plate (if you do jars I would think maybe 1/2 a jar), maybe 1/2 a fruit and sips of water
2: I offer a 150 ml milk but she drink sth between 40-100
4.30 dinner: it's usually an egg and some toast and whatever she pleases from our dinner or a fruit yogurt kids pot and bits from our food
7 bedtime bottle I offer 240 ml she usually has sth between 120-210 ml depending of how much she ate during dinner time

She dosent eat much at all but somehow she is thriving...

James is almost 19lbs and doesn't eat much foodwise.

He'll have some porridge or weetabix. Lunchtime I just give him nibbles (fruit and some cheese and rice cakes) dinner he has what we have and a yoghurt. We're BLW and he doesn't eat much but he does take about 33fl oz per day! So over 1000mls. He has actually dropped a few oz's as well.

He was always 9-25th centile but has now moved up to 50th-75th since we started weaning so he must be taking something (although we did move to follow on milk at 6 months so maybe that is fattening him up!)

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ethan's a bit heavier at around 23.5lb at 10 months old but here's what he has:
- 6oz morning bottle
- Breakfast - Porridge made with 4oz milk, piece of toast and some fresh fruit
- Lunch - BLW, so cheese & tomato omelette, pasta, sandwich with a fruitpot/fromage frais
- Dinner - whatever were having - beef stew, chicken veg & gravy etc spoonfed followed by a dessert (e.g rice pudding, sugar free angel delight) and lots of fresh fruit
- 6oz bedtime bottle
He also has anything up to about 8oz of water a day

Xx

I don't actually know what J weighs, but I would think he's somewhere around that or a little more.

He eats quite a lot of solids:

7:30ish - offer a 180ml bottle he takes about 120ml usually
8am - breakfast, one small slice of toast with peanut butter or one egg omelette or similar AND fruit (say half a peach or a plum, plus a third of a banana)
11am - offer a 180ml bottle he will take anything from 60ml to 120ml
12:30ish - lunch - a sandwich (made with 2 slices of bread and something sticky like laughing cow cheese) or some meat/chicken and veggies AND fruit as above or a yoghurt of fruit pot
5pm - dinner - either what we're having or what we had last night put by for him, could be anything - quiche, meat and veg, pasta AND either fruit as above or yoghurt
7pm - offer a 180ml bottle he will take anything from 60ml to 160ml
11pm dreamfeed - offer a 180ml bottle he will take anything from 60ml to 160ml

We are almost BLW now though, no purees and only spoonfed yoghurt or fruit pots. And it's very patchy, he doesn't usually eat all this at all three meals, but that's what we offer him. Some of it gets thrown on the floor.

So hes taking a max of 560mls ish milk. We're only dreamfeeding still because Im wiorried he doesnt take enough milk otherwise, as opposed to solids. He loves his solids too much.

I'm worried he's eating too much, but he's obviously hungry when he is eating solids and refuses the milk.

Sounds like Charlie is doing well. Hope you get to go home soon xx

Last edited:
I'm a blatant liar.
All being well tomorrow, Cay should be around 17.4lb tomorrow.

Weight gain slows a lot, huh... Xx

Jules is 6.5 months and when weighed 2 weeks ago was 21lb 4oz!

She's now on :

7.30ish. - 7ozbottle
10.15ish - big bowl of porridge made with about 4ozwhole milk
13.15ish - a whole stage one pouch and a fromage Frais, then some finger foods to play with
16.30ish - a whole stage one pouch followed by a fruit pot
18.30ish - 8oz bottle then bed

Jill x x

Not sure if it helps anyone but my dietician said yesterday that babies only need milk for their calcium if they are eating balanced solids and that 300mls plus a yoghurt gets them their calcium requirements

Think we are going to try more water today but yesterday he refused it, just about getting 600ml in, now they want 700ml :(

Forgot to say thanks all, it's very varied intakes, guess there is no norm
X

Ok this is what William had yesterday as an example:

5am, 230ml milk
10.30am, 3 organic rice cakes
12pm, 125g jar of veg purée
Pot of fresh watermelon (maybe 8 cubes)
2.30pm. Few chunks of banana
4pm, Portion of lasagne
125g jar of fruit purée
4cubes of watermelon
4 organix tomato slices
140ml milk
6.30pm. 120ml milk

He weighed 19lb 4oz last week and is 8.5 months old. He wouldn't always eat this much, I think the heat is making him have some lazy eating days and then some binge eating days!

Please don't let the hospital stress you out over how much Charlie eats compared to all these other babies, he's bound to do things a little differently due to his recent health problems. Also it's worth taking into account how much physical activity some of the bigger eaters are doing and so will need more food than others.

I hope they let you home soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back