Has anyone flew after 28weeks?

katyloumc

Reaction score
We've booked up to go on one last holiday before the baby but the only time we can go is when I'll be 28 and come back when I'm 29.

Just wondering if anyone was refused by their doctor ? I know I need a docs note and I'm fine at the moment ju.st wondering what kind of things would make them not want you to fly?

Also did you get travel insurance ok?

I'm so scared of flying I normally have to get drunk or take tranquillisers so this is going to be an experience!!!

I flew at 31 weeks and got a fit to fly note. It would be if there were complications in pregnancy or if you had high blood pressure that they'd refuse you.

I'm usually fine with flying but for some reason I cried the whole flight there and back again!!!

Felt very travel sick too as baby was doing summersaults in my tummy!!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Well I'm normally crying without all of these hormones so I might be a complete mess on the flight! Looking forward to chilling out (in the shade!) With some non alcoholic cocktails! :)

Oh sounds lovely enjoy!!!

Spencer David Wilcockson 28/2/2013 6lbs 3.5ozs

Hiya, I work in travel insurance, only reason Dr would refuse you a certificate is if you have a complication e.g. Out of control blood pressure, and they thought you were unfit to travel.
Not all airlines request a fitness to fly certificate but its a good idea to get one if after 26 weeks. If you are refused boarding for not having one, insurance will not cover you.
If you have a normal, non-emergency birth at any point after 32 weeks, insurance will not cover as can be reasonably anticipated.....apparently!
Any complications like gestational diabetes or high blood pressure will need to be declared like a normal pre-existing condition.

Have a good holi-bobs!

Xx

Ah thank you that's really helpful, well I guess I'll have to keep my feet up for the next 4 weeks to make sure I don't do myself any damage before then ! Fingers crossed I continue to feel fit! Thanks xx

Just wanted to say enjoy!
I went to Greece at 28-30 weeks and I'm so glad I did!
Get yourself some flight socks and keep hydrated on the plane and you will be fine!
Enjoy!

My friends off to ibiza with her OH end of june (shell be 34wks!) its their 5yr anniversary staying at the hotel they met in :)

Cute!
Hope its not to lively over there for her tho! Peek season!! X

als speak to your mqw when i flew early on in pregnancy she told me to take baby asprin to help reduce risks of blood clots/dvt adn told me to eat very high 5 coco dark choc before the flight adn to wear flight scks. there may be diff advice later on i dont know but hydration is a big one you need to drink lots of water too xxx

It's our first wedding anniversary aswell, so ties in nicely ! We'll be with my husbands 10 year old son who lives with us, but he came on out honeymoon too ha!

I'll get myself some flight socks and get myself lots of water, i'll be back and forwards to the loo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back