Has anyone fallen pregnant on mirena coil?

Discussion in 'Am I Pregnant?' started by Emmam1982, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I had it fitted 9 weeks ago and for the last week I've been waking up in the night wanting to be sick and I'm going to the toilet a ridiculous amount. I thought I'd have a check and I can't feel the mirena strings-in fact I can't even feel my cervix as it's so high. My other half also said said he couldn't feel them after a rigorous bd session (sorry tmi).
    I'm worrying so much

2. GF91

GF91 Well-Known Member

I have a mirena. To feel my strings is abit fiddly but if you can't feel them then you need to go and get it checked to make sure it's still there & in the right place. My OH has never felt mine- not sure the strings are that noticeable as they're quite soft!

3. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

No personal experience. It isnt likely that you are pregnant but it is possible, there have been other ladies on here it happened to. Maybe take a test? That will give you some peace of mind. And if you are pregnant it is probably important to see a doctor as soon as possible because of the coil. It could be a bit of a bug or a UTI that is giving you the stymptoms.

4. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Have you had a follow up check with the nurse to make sure it's in the right position? I didn't realise after 8 weeks you're supposed to have one until someone said I should be able to feel the strings which I never could. The nurse said it was in the perfect position but I'd never be able to feel the strings on my own. So don't panic about that! Your symptoms could be down to other things too but it is still possible to have happened. Take a test asap! Xx

5. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I had to cancel my appt 2 weeks ago as I was still bleeding but booked in this coming Wednesday for a check.
    My partner could feel the strings a few weeks ago but definitely can't now-I'm hoping it's just because they've softened x