Has anyone else.....

choklatemunky

Reaction score
got a saliva ferning device/monitor?

I have got one and started using it on the first day after AF on this cycle. I'm now CD14. I'm pretty sure I ov'd around day 20 last cycle.

Nothing has shown up on the ferning microscope yet at all, but I'm stressing a bit now....yesterday, I had LOADS of EWCM in the morning, it was REALLY stretchy (like 4ins) but then it disappeared and went back to creamy/sticky. I had loads of creamy CM again this morning. CM usually dries up for me the day after ov for a few days, then comes back more sticky.

Anyway, I am worrying a bit that I may have missed ov and it won't be covered as we didn't BD around then - but that doesnt make sense with the negative ferning results.

Should I be trusting the ferning device?

Any advice/opinions welcome......... :?

Didn't want to read and run hun but sorry not used one of these but I'm sure someone will come along that has.

Shell

I've not got one either so can't really advise but the bit of EWCM could just be the start of it. I tend to get two types of CM in the first couple of days and then it changes to totally EWCM after a day or so then it dries up completely when I OV so keep testing on the ferning thing because you might not have OV'd yet

Thanks for answering girls, but I could have sworn i saw that someone on here had one....? :?

I'm sure I've seen someone say they've got one too but for the life of me I can't remember who is was.... sorry.

I think most of us do either OPK's or temps, or both :oops:

Hi chocolatemunky

I have bought one of the saliva testing devices but only had it a week and I am on CD7 so not expecting to ovulate for a few days. I am going to start using it from tomorrow though so I hopefully I will have the chance to see any changes. I read somewhere on here too that somebody got their BFP first month of using it so maybe you have just tried a bit too early.

With mine it recommends first morning saliva before having a drink or brushing your teeth.

Good luck and keep us updated

you know what? I'd rather obsessively check my cp than examine my saliva before brushing my teeth :wink:

never used one sorry - so no advice. But I know they're commonly used by donor recepients so must be pretty reliable :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back