Has anyone else had a dog jump on their stomach?

KeelyT90

Reaction score
I know I posted in Tri 2 but looking for anyone who has experience this also??

I had my MIL's dog jump on me yesterday evening. He is between 6/7 stone - Labrador x Mastiff. Probably the size of a Rotti...
He jumped from one sofa to the other, landing on my stomach and then used my bump as leverage to leap off again. I had a large pawprint and scratch when it happened, these faded after a bath. I was fine all night apart from it being tender to touch. Fine this morning, until i got myself and my toddler ready for work/nursery.... Since about 8:15AM I have been getting some cramping and dull aches, like I am going to start my period any minute. Its spreading through to my lower back now also. No spotting or bleeding though.

I rang EPU this morning, the nurse only called back at 1:30PM and booked me in for an emergency scan for 10AM in the morning.
The pain/aches are draining me now as I am sat in work.

Has anyone else been through this or had something similar?
Was your baby ok?

XXX

My dog has done that a couple of times, but she's not so big, medium sized mongrel. I didn't have any pain though and baby was moving fine afterwards. Definitely get the scan for reassurance though - is your baby moving ok?

My English bull terrier regularly jumped on me while I was pregnant. Only once did he land completely on me, it was tender to touch and I had a big deep scratch but everything was OK. Best to get it checked out Hun xxx

I had a huge lurcher jump at me and crash straight into my bump at work when I was pregnant with my son.

Obviously he didn't land his full weight on me, but it did hurt and knock the wind from me.

Baby was just fine though.

I hope all goes well at your scan tomorrow hun, I'm sure everything will be ok.

XX

At 15 weeks there ought to be enough fluid cushioning the baby that it's fine & well protected.
It's still very small floating in a very (comparatively) large bag of waters.
But hope the scan shows all is ok.

I've had my dog and others jump at & onto my stomach but not with the force it sounds like your MIL's did.

My poor eyesight - I thought your ticker said 25 weeks...
Phoenix is right, they're so well cushioned in there, especially at that stage - hope the scan shows all is well x

I am a dog groomer and regularly get jumped on by big or small dogs lol, I don't worry about it, they are extremely well cushioned in there xx

Appointment at the hospital went well. Considering the weight and force of that great lump Marley! Heard my LO's heartbeat for the first time also. Least I can stop worrying now! Happy Keely xx

Oh, that's good to hear... bet you're relieved :)

Fantastic news!! Bet you're very relieved :)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back