Has anyone been told wrong sex at 16 week gender scan?

susan1981

Reaction score
I paid for a private gender scan which I had at 16+2. They said I was having another boy. I still keep convincing myself that they got it wrong and I'm having a girl because this pregnancy has been so different from my son. I've had more morning sickness which I'm still getting every now and then, the tiredness is still here, I've had bleeding. But then I know they say no two pregnancies are the same.

I'm pretty certain that the gender scan was accurate as she pointed out the cord and when she showed in between the legs, I'm sure she even pointed out the scrotum - she kept flicking between 2D and 4D. Baby had his legs wide open. She seemed pretty convinced baby is a boy. Do you think this is 100% reliable or is there always going to be some doubt? I know they say that girl parts can be swollen still at 16 weeks which can make them look like a boy. I really did hope that I was having a girl this time but I'm by no means disappointed. I have a healthy baby growing inside me so that really is all that matters, plus it means that I get to go for baby number 3 in a few years :)

I keep worrying about it, i got told im having a boy at 17 weeks but not going to buy much until my 20 week scan confirms it! I asked the lady if she was sure my baby was a boy and she said they can't say 100% for legal reasons but that if it was a girl she would be worried about what it had between the legs!! Xxx

They can't ever say 100% but I think they're pretty accurate, especially if the sonographer says they are sure, they normally tell you if they've any doubt. My 20 weeks scan agreed with my 16 week gender scan. I've personally never come across anyone who has been told the wrong gender but it obviously does happen occasionally. At least you can ask them to check at your 20 week scan xxx

They won't give a guarantee for legal reasons. I had some sizing scans and a 3d scan after the 20 week scan and made them check everytime lol. So I was pretty certain it was a boy. I even got a meat and two veg shot on the 3D scan. Can't wait until he's 18 so I can embarrass him with the one :lol:

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

It does happen occationally but onli normally if tgey tell u its a girl it can sometimea be a boy tgat wasnt quite developed yet but if they tell u boy tge are normally pretty bang on xxx

I know someone who was told it was a little girl they were gonna call her charlotte, her grandma got charlotte tattoo'd on her chest (WHY!) and it turned out to be a boy in the end!! Some people!!

We'e been told it was a girl and the lady just said she was sure in her opinion that she's a she, I just hope she's right the rooms pink now!

I know someone who was told it was a little girl they were gonna call her charlotte, her grandma got charlotte tattoo'd on her chest (WHY!) and it turned out to be a boy in the end!! Some people!!

We'e been told it was a girl and the lady just said she was sure in her opinion that she's a she, I just hope she's right the rooms pink now!

Really? Blimey, and there's me panicking about buying anything blue!

I'm pretty definite that I'm having another boy. A woman at my work (I was never particularly friendly with her though so never got the details) was told boy and had a girl. I think I'm just clutching at straws. I'll love this baby no matter what but damn it, I want to buy pink! :)

I know of two people who had the opposite... both ways around!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back