Has anyone been to Jersey?? Is it nice?

evemarie8

Reaction score
I am looking for honeymoon ideas where I don't have to fly as I have become absolutely petrified of it over the last few years, and I particulary don't want to take Clark on a plane!
So I am thinking about Jersey, Clark will be just over 10 months and I thought if there were decent beaches there it would be a good place for him to be starting to learn to walk, especially as my mom says I learnt on the sand at that age.
So does anyone know any good resorts (or any bad ones I should avoid)?

Thanks Shell, I wish I was brave enough to fly, I have just been looking at Italy, I asked Brad if he would go on a boat but he said no :eek:(

eeeeeeee noooo we went to jersey in 2005 and it was the worst holiday ever.
we went to visit family and stayed on a campsite... but the majority of pubs closed at 9pm, and the only entertainment was bingo :roll:

the beaches were stunning though and the weather was gorgeous, and there is a huuuuge zoo there, but if you like a few drinks then jersey is a no-no lol

Ok my mums text says...

"It was lovely, a peaceful place. Beaches are superb and clean. Lots of places to visit. Zoo.. WW2 stuff.. I'd like to go back myself."

She said she flew from manchester and used the buses when she was there which apparently were very good, but next time she might hire a car.

Anything in specific lemme know and i'll ask her :D She is a little eccentric mind you (she bought back some jersey potatos just to say woo look at my authentic jersey potatoes). Yeah, I know... lol... we're not related, honest :D

It's more the beaches that appeal to me, neither of us are big drinkers and Clark will still be so little that we will need to be back to our hotel for him to go to bed by about 8.30pm anyway. Is the weather warmer there than our south coast, or about the same?

leckershell said:
Ok my mums text says...

"It was lovely, a peaceful place. Beaches are superb and clean. Lots of places to visit. Zoo.. WW2 stuff.. I'd like to go back myself."

She said she flew from manchester and used the buses when she was there which apparently were very good, but next time she might hire a car.

Anything in specific lemme know and i'll ask her :D She is a little eccentric mind you (she bought back some jersey potatos just to say woo look at my authentic jersey potatoes). Yeah, I know... lol... we're not related, honest :D

:rotfl: Thats just the sort of thing my mom would do!! She has been too and she loved it but only for a long weekend!
I am liking the fact everyone thinks it's a lovely clean place but its still going to be about £1500 to £2000 for two weeks so Brads going spare saying we should go abroad for that sort of money! :cry:

In the words of Mr T "I ain't going on no plane!!!!!" :shakehead:

my mum lives in Jersey. We went there when Joshua was a couple of months old. It is pretty quiet, lots of 'pretty' things to see. St Brelades has one of the best beaches ever. Plus you can get the Hydrosomething and it only takes a short while, if you dont like flying. but price wise, you can go to Spain for less.

what about travelling to France via the Channel Tunnel?

xx

Tara & Liam said:
what about travelling to France via the Channel Tunnel?

xx

This is going to sound so pathetic, but I am quite scared of that too! I woudl sooner go through the tunnel than on a plane though so I will have to see how brave I can get!

Yeah I'd drive to France if I couldn't fly :) Or you could get the train.

There are some excellent cottages to rent, in this country and abroad. We always rent a cottage now, they are cheap and you can choose exactly the kind of thing you like :)

Urchin said:
Yeah I'd drive to France if I couldn't fly :) Or you could get the train.

There are some excellent cottages to rent, in this country and abroad. We always rent a cottage now, they are cheap and you can choose exactly the kind of thing you like :)

What company do you use Urchin? I like the sound of that, plus we are going to try and go on a family trip with my parents in june just down to Cornwall, a cottage would be ideal for that too!

We usually go to Wales, so we used a welsh site, but if you google Holiday cottages Cornwall etc loads will come up :)
like this one....
http://www.holidaycottages.co.uk/default.aspx

Some sites you can tick boxes, like close to the sea, close to the pub, enclosed garden etc so you get exactly what you want.

Thanks Urchin, I can't believe they have cottages that sleep 8 for less than £500 a week! :shock: I always shell out a fortune for hotels!

evemarie8 said:
Thanks Urchin, I can't believe they have cottages that sleep 8 for less than £500 a week! :shock: I always shell out a fortune for hotels!

Great isn't it!

The one we go to sleeps 12, is right by the sea, and a week in June with our friends costs us £600 which is split between 2 families!

Hotels are rubbish, in a cottage we can do our own meals and have a garden with a paddling pool and everything :)

We have stayed in cottages in Tirral (Cumbria) before. Fab for the lake district but otherwise quite cold and quiet with not a lot to do. Very nice there though, lots to see but you have to drive round to see them. Me and an ex went to visit stone circles, there are lots there and the history behind them interested him.

http://www.tirrilfarmcottages.co.uk/

I'm not sure I'd pick it for a honeymoon though... tis lovely mind.

my boyfs been loads he says its all lovely n picturesque he mentioned st helier and st albans
x

my mum lives in St Helier, it is very pretty.

when i was a kid we used to go twice a year and stay in Portelet (SP) My mum says that they have made that whole area into flats or something like that.

happy memories.

but it is very expensive, you could go to spain for the amount that you pay for accommodation over there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back