Has anyone been or going to see Derek Acorah?

Vickyleigh

Reaction score
Me and my Mum are going on the 31st and I just wondered if it's any good and what does he do?

I went about 3 years ago, it was good but Im not convinced - just go for the entertainment value :D

Kazlin and I met him in a hotel bar once....not a nice guy really!

I personally think he's the biggest fraud going :shakehead:

have seen him twice. good the first time and not so the second.

i hav enever been to see him but ialso think he is biggest fraud going especially after being shown the vids on youtube of when he was on most haunted!! :shock: it could be good for the entertainment value tho. my sil has been to see conlin fry and she thought he was brilliant.

xxxx

I know one of the main members of Most Haunted and he was telling me that Derek got booted off the show for being a fake. It was kept quiet cos they didnt want the rest of the show to be discredited but basically once they got the other psychic on (the really good one who is gay cant remember his name) then Derek started really going overboard with his "possessions" and stuff and people on set started to think he was a fraud so they kind of set him up and he fell into the trap big time and showed himself to be a complete fraud.

So personally I wouldnt bother going but he is quite entertaining all the same!!

He will forever be remembered for his "Mary loves Dick! Mary Loves Dick!"

haha just tried to find a clip on youtube and found this....watch till the end...they dont realise the cameras are still rolling and give it away as pretend!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEP0usvErRI

watched him doing the edinburgh vaults on most haunted....all his amazing revelations were very well known, in fact they're part of the tour i went on years earlier.

his is slightly funny tho, i think he might actually believe himself!

I went to see him 2 years ago in Torquay (this is a 2 hour drive away from me) and he was awful! despertately trying to get his "visions" to fit with someone in the audience. Someone fell asleep on our row :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, prob'ly not what you wanted to hear!

Gpo and see Derren Brown instead, now he is fantastic! :cheer:

the man who took over from Derek Acorah on most haunted, wasnt he the psychic barber, cant remember his name. He used to do his readings in his barber shop and didnt charge for them.

would love to Colin Fry though, he is great.

i dont think that Derek Acorah is neccessarily a fake, i think that at the beginning he probably was a great psychic, but now his ego has overtook his talent. his spirit guide has probably left him and run away!!!!

J-Do1979 said:
I know one of the main members of Most Haunted and he was telling me that Derek got booted off the show for being a fake. It was kept quiet cos they didnt want the rest of the show to be discredited but basically once they got the other psychic on (the really good one who is gay cant remember his name) then Derek started really going overboard with his "possessions" and stuff and people on set started to think he was a fraud so they kind of set him up and he fell into the trap big time and showed himself to be a complete fraud.

So personally I wouldnt bother going but he is quite entertaining all the same!!

He is fake but they are just as bad as he is and they are also all over Youtube faking things.

Go to Badpsychics, there loads on there about all sorts of people claiming to be mediums etc.

Oh no sounds like I wasted money on the tickets!
Ah well should be a laff and it's something different to do.

I never used to miss an episode of most haunted until MH live when they did the table tipping and it was obvious that Derek was moving the table. I haven't watched it since then.

Theres a couple of clips on youtube of yvette moving the glass and tipping the table too.lol. she has gloves on and her fingers slip when she puts pressur on the glass and the table cloth ruffles up when she attempts to make the table move. it's so obvious what they're doing :roll:

I don't get why there always have to sit in the dark. If the show is genuine the ghosts will 'appear' whether the lights are on or not.
If we sat in the dark in our houses listening for every crack and creak, I'm sure we could all scare ourselves!
I would love to go on that show...............I don't believe in ghosts so I would just laugh myself silly! :lol:

i thought that Derek Acorah had left the show as Yvette thinks that she is the spiritulist in the programme.

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back