Has anyone actually had any luck with teething sachets or bongela for teething?

littlemiss83

Reaction score
As above. Have either worked for anyone's LO's?

Ive been using both, but dont have any sort of routine with them, therefore dont see the benefit, LO gets quite distressed with sachets. Should I keep trying, dont wanna stress him out for no reason. Bongela is easy to give him but i am never able to get it around all his gums he sucks/licks it off as soon as my finger goes near his mouth.

:roll:

Used bongela with ds1 seemed to help a bit even tho he ate most of it. Teething must be so painful sometimes you need calpol

I dont know why, but I have an issue with calpol. I just dont like doing it, i know its not all that bad ect, its just one of those things im funny about. I think to myself, surely if he's bad every day I cant give calpol every day, can I?? What if its an in-definate time like 2 months for example?

:eh:

I tried everything with Alfie and the only thing thar worked was Anbesol. I swear by it and I've got some in for Stanley ready lol xx

Agree with Jaxx, anbesol is fab as its a liquid, I knew I was getting it on his gums. Found bongela annoying as the gel wouldn't stay on the area I needed it to.

Calpol is fine for a short period but it does say not to give it all the time, I gave it for 3 nights when Colby's teeth were coming through but haven't needed it since.

Do you have a dummy? I put teething gel on the dummy they run it round Graces gums

We use dentinox for Jack, it works brilliantly on him but he didn't struggle when he cut his 1st tooth. I think the 2nd one is on it's way now and he's struggling a little bit this time so we doing dentinox when he's grumpy and if he's really whingy we give him calpol x

tEething powders really work for us & when she's really struggling i use nurofen too x

Owens teething ATM and we had to use neurofen cause he's def in pain x

Thanks ladies. I always start as I mean to go on, and didn't wana start giving calpol all the time. Might try the liquids you's have advised, anyone know of a small teething ring, we have a disney one & he bokes at it coz its too big. Been using normal dummies but def gona try teething dummies.

Thanks ladies, this teething malarkey is hard isn't it.

:)

I meant Calpol as a once in a while thing when baby is screaming the place down at night because of teeth.

I sswear by teething grannuals my lo took them off spoon when younger. Boots sell teething rings like dummies which I found were easier to use when he was small

Sent from my GT-S5570 using Tapatalk

I used nelsons sachets and they were brilliant. Didn't think much of bongela.
And used calpol when E was really bad, but like you I was reluctant to use it at first. I only gave it to her when her symptoms were bad. (feverish/warm, very sore down below, drooling and crying constantly xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back