Harry and me....

stargirl

Reaction score
My little boy is now 17 weeks old and I realised how I'm slowly forgetting things from when he was newborn. I don't want to forget anything so decided to start a journal to keep note and remember. I might not update regularly because, lets face it, I'm a mum now, when will I have time?! But I will try my best.

A bit of backstory. I knew my fiancé for a little while and after years of a mutual friend of ours trying to set us up one day I finally opened my eyes and took a good look at him an relised what I was missing. He's perfect for me. Just after a year of being together he asked me to marry him. Then came a choice we had to make. We're skint, so it was get married or have a baby. We picked baby. I came off the injection of sept 2011 and waited 7 long months to get my periods back (April 2012) I then had a chemical miscarriage in July and was heartbroken but on the 24th of September 2012 I found out I was pregnant.

Now nearly a year later I'm sat looking at my gorgeous little man and I am the happiest girl in the world.

My labor started after going for a very long walk. I started with mild cramps, which by the following day had gotten worse, at 5pm on the 13th may my waters went. And at 2:11am on the 14th I delivered my baby. 10 days early!
I've skipped on the labor details because its so long winded and this post is turning out larger then what I planned :) but it was an experienced I loved and hated all at the same time.

The first few weeks were very hard, especially as I was and still am breastfeeding. All Heath professionals push breastfeeding on new mums and the help and support out there is great but they really do not explain how hard it is at the beginning. Sore boobs, cracked nipples, stressed mummy = stressed baby who won't latch, it's hell and I nearly have up so many times. But one thing they do tell you which is true is it does get easier. 4 months in I know my baby, I know how he likes to feed, how quick he feeds (he's very quick) and when he's had enough. And I love feeding him. It's our time and I know I'm going to be so sad when I stop.

Now we're getting close to weaning and I have everyone pushing food on to us (especially parents in law) who think he should have had solids at 12 weeks - it did their kids no harm. I think I'll scream at them next time they mention it. I will give my baby solids when I think he is showing signs of wanting them, when I feel he and I are both ready!

I'm very lucky in a way as my oh and I live with my mum while we try and save for a house of our own. My mum is fab. A big help with the baby and our living arrangement work fab because she works 2 till 10pm. So my oh and I have the evenings to ourselves.

Sorry this post ended up being super long!

Here's some pictures of my little boy - Harry Brian, born on 14th may 2013 at 2:11am weighing 8lb3oz.

2uruzude.jpg

na3ana9y.jpg

And here he is now at 4 months and weighing 14lb10oz.

umyqe3yt.jpg

qyjypera.jpg

Harry was 5 months old on Monday! I can't believe how fast time is going. He'll be 1 before I know it.

He really is my pride and joy and developing an learning so quickly. I find myself really looking forward to my OH coming home just so I can tell him what new things H has done that day. I'm forever posting piccies on fb so I'm sure I'm annoying a few people on there, lol.

We've started weaning and it's a hit. My little man lives food. We started with just a little bit of puréed veg at 3pm and after a week introduced breakfast. He loves all the new tastes that he's trying. A few more weeks and I'll introduce lunch and then finger foods.

He's still waking in the night 2-3 times - I miss sleep. I think he's waking more out of habit then hunger but if I don't offer him milk I'd end up being up all night. If I want to go back to sleep quickly then I put him on the boob and 10 mins later we're both fast asleep. I have no idea how I break the cycle and I think until solids are fully established then I will just follow his lead.

I'm rather proud of myself for getting to 5 months breastfeeding. In the beginning I never thought I'd get this far!

H can nearly sit up now. He's well and truly found his feet. He still refuses to roll from back to front though. His fingers and everything else is in his mouth, teething is the worse.

I have a bit of a grumpy baby at the moment as he's developing a cold as well :(.

The next month will be full of more weaning and shopping for Christmas. I can't wait. He'll be 6 months before I know it! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back