Harrumph!

blondy13

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a second follicle tracking scan today (CD16) to double check the clomid hasn't worked, and it hasn't. So that's that really! My lining went up to 4mm from 3mm which is still ridiculously thin but any improvement is a good thing. The sonographer said the Dr might try me on 100mg clomid again as sometimes it has a cumulative effect...hmmm not so sure about that one.

Anyway, she then said do you want to see your ovaries? So I had a look and they looked awful, and she said that mine are the worst case of polycystic ovaries she's seen! AGGGHH! There were at least 20 little follicles in each one! And she said that in cases like mine it's probably only going to be injectable FSH that will work to make me ovulate. I don't feel upset to hear that, but just feel apprehensive that trying more drugs before injections is a waste of time, if they're that bad :(

Anyway bit of a pointless post but needed to rant!

Hope you've all had a better day than me xxx

That sucks hunny I am so sorry. She was very naughty telling you they were the worse she has ever seen. Did she say how ling you have to wait before you can try the injections?? You could also ask about ovarian drilling xxx

Oh Blondy Im sorry! I get a bit confused are you not supposed to have a lot of follicles? Is that what happens with polycistic ovaries?

Aw Blondy, i can totally understand your frustration :hug:

I don't see why they'd repeat th same dosage but maybe a higher dose might be worthwhile before the injections, i dunno.

Just keep on tweaking xx

Morning Blondy,

I dont think your thread was pointless. I agree with what Vicky said above she was out of order saying that. Obviously we don't want these Doctors and nurses to be dishonest with us but she could have said it better than that. Also has she seen every single girl in the UK with PCOS to opinine what the 'worse case is'??? ... I doubt it!!! let us know what your next treatment options are and keep us up to date. I have my FX for you.

Love Gizzy xxxx

Thanks girls. Got our appointment at 2.20 tomorrow afternoon so me and hubby are just writing a list of questions we want to ask. Hopefully it won't be too long a waiting list for injections, but in the mean time we are happy to try an increased clomid/letrozole dose.

Gizzy I know what you mean - she hasn't seen every case of PCOS ever! I think that she was just trying to be honest with me, but I think there could be better ways of saying that my ovaries are really bad. In some ways it's good to know, but still, how rude!
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back