Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Francesca89, Oct 30, 2016.
What are everyone's thoughts on this? Have you had it done or are you going to get it done?
Yes had it done in two pregnancies. Have you had a high risk result via the NHS screening?
I've had the serenity test in this pregnancy and thought it money well spent. I chose to have it because I'll be 39 when this baby arrives and didn't want the stress of a high risk result on the NHS and then trying to arrange advanced testing and waiting for more results x
I'm going to get it done. I didn't have the Nuchal NHS test in my other pregnancies as I was of the opinion that what will be will be and we would have dealt with it at birth, but I think this time I have 2 very young children already, so if there were to be any issues with baby number 3 we would need to be as prepared as possible at a much earlier stage. Plus it will be very cool to know the gender at 12 weeks! I think we're going with Babybond (ultrasound direct) who charge £399 xx
I'm having it done at 10 weeks due to being 35 x
I'm also older, we decided to have our NHS testing first (waiting for results at the moment) and then have the Harmony if we were higher risk, if money was no object we would have had it first but I can't help but think that is a lot of baby items I could get if I'm low risk. The closest place to us is £395 and you get the results in a couple of days.
I think if we get a high risk result we'll def do it. I'd like to not stress about it but the more I think about it, the next few months would make me feel too anxious just not knowing.
Hoping all is OK though x
Thanks all! No I'm not high risk but doctor still said it's a test he thinks is really good to get done so think I am going to do it! Good luck to everyone!
We had the harmony test done with DS because he had a large NT measurement. I felt stongly that I didn't want the risks of an amnio. It came back clear and we found out we were having a boy . It was expensive but money well spent for peace of mind and no risk. This time we decided not to have it as everything measured well. The private doctor we saw was pushing it quite heavily even after we said we were not doing it this time so I think he must get commisison? I still think its a great option to have though.