Harmony test

Steveohim

Reaction score
Hi I'm going to be a new dad and want to know everyone's opinions on the harmony test, is it any good?

I never had it done, but know of someone who did because of their history, they said it was worth every penny

How far along is the pregnancy? Harmony is incredibly expensive. I would suggest having the standard NHS screening. If the results show a high risk of specific syndromes then I would take the harmony test.

She is 8 weeks, but I want a definite yes or no, we could have the odds of 1/100 but could still be that one

If you want that definite yes or no, then it may be worth your while, I know they check for a variety of things with that test and it's more in depth than the standard nhs one. Other than that I don't know a great deal about it apart from you will get a yes or no

I've had the harmony test done. It doesn't give you a definite yes or no answer ...... it gives a risk factor, the risk factor is more accurate than the NHS screening risk factor but if you want a definite yes or no answer the only way to get that is by having a cvs or amnio xx

I've had the harmony test done. It doesn't give you a definite yes or no answer ...... it gives a risk factor, the risk factor is more accurate than the NHS screening risk factor but if you want a definite yes or no answer the only way to get that is by having a cvs or amnio xx

Are you sure, is we rang the harmony test clinic and they said it's a definite yes or no

Yes I'm sure, I've had it done. My risk was <1 in 10000 chance of a chromosome problem. I could still be that 1

Last edited:
Hi you might be better posting in one of the other sections as they get viewed more. Iv not had one but lots of ladies on here have and couldn't recommend it enough.

I had the standard NHS tests and found to have a 1 in 49 risk of downs.

We were lucky to have the Harmony test, done in London on the NHS and our risk factor changed to 1 in 1,000000.

My beautiful baby boy was born 2 weeks ago and is perfect :) xx

Try pregnancy chat or 2nd tri they get more views x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back