Harmony test

Pumpkin9

Reaction score
Just thinking about all my options before I have my scan - I'm looking into the harmony test but struggling to find out much detail of who provides it. I've tried googling but am drawing a blank with it.

Anyone know anymore about it?

The Portland hospital does it and various Harley street places. They have info on their sites.

Hey,

I've been looking in to it too. There's a place on Harley street who do it. Think it's called the fetal medicine centre, and they charge £400. Think there's a few others who do it too, but about £600. They take blood and its sent to the US for testing, so takes a while.

I'm going to the US next month so looking in to whether I can get it done there quicker and cheaper.

Thanks ladies- think its going to be an effort too far if I ever get to that point

Pumpkin have a pm with dottywoman shes one of my bump buddys and had this done, gave her lots of reassurance, im sure she wont mind sharing x

I didn't know what this was until I goggled, I participated in the study in my last pregnancy when I went for a cvs, I'd be interested in this too.

I would definitely recommend it and the place I went to, the ladies were lovely. I collated some info for another lady recently on here. PM me if you are interested. When I had the test in London, if you had the test in your 10th week of pregnancy and go back 2 weeks later for the results it was £180 (although not sure how long hat price was valid for). I did have to go to London twice but it was quite a bit cheaper than having it locally and I live in Leeds. You are much closer to London than me so it may be an option. xxx

I've just had a look at the Portland literature, I'm confused as it says they cannot give a definitive YES/NO only a risk factor and that a CVS or amnio would need to be undertaken if the risk was high. Is this then not similar to the combined results of a nuchal scan plus blood proteins that I had on the NHS in my last pregnancy. I was hoping to avoid a CVS again as it was excruciating, but on reading the literature this test doesn't avoid it. I don't mind travelling the 700 mile round trip to have it done but only if I can avoid future invasive tests. Can anyone enlighten me please x

If you get a high risk on the Harmony test it's very likely that the CVS/Amnio will also show an issue. The CVS/Amnio is just a final confirmation should someone be thinking of terminating. My Harmony test came back with a 1:10000 risk which is be lowest they give. The Nuchal scan looks at markers for the syndromes and gives you a calculated risk. The Harmony test is looking at traces of the baby's DNA that are found in your blood so is much more accurate. xxx

Thanks for explaining. I was borderline last time 1:150 which is why I wanted to know for sure. I'll speak to DH about it, mentioned it briefly to him before he left for work xx

If you get a high risk on the Harmony test it's very likely that the CVS/Amnio will also show an issue. The CVS/Amnio is just a final confirmation should someone be thinking of terminating. My Harmony test came back with a 1:10000 risk which is be lowest they give. The Nuchal scan looks at markers for the syndromes and gives you a calculated risk. The Harmony test is looking at traces of the baby's DNA that are found in your blood so is much more accurate. xxx

Hi,

Did you have Harmony test because Nuchal fold ratio was low? Or just went with it for peace of mind?

Thanks

Ooh will def pm you when I get back from work later. That price is much more attractive, you'd be surprised on cost into London from where I live. Train ticket can be £110 and its only an hour away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back