Harmony/nifty test

Browneyed Girl

Reaction score
I'll be 39 when this baby arrives so I'm thinking of having the harmony or similar nifty test.

I know there are several tests - harmony, panorama, Iona etc. Is one better than the others?

If you had nifty testing did you still have the NHS combined screening at your dating scan? I ask because I know the NHS screening looks for heart defects etc that the nifty test doesn't. I'm just not sure if possibly getting a high risk on the NHS after doing a nifty test would complicate things? Xxx

I had it done with this pregnancy. I had harmony test which was bloods and a scan. I didn't have the NHS screening just the dating scan because due to my age and history (previous chromosomal abnormality pregnancy that I miscarried) I automatically had a risk of 1:80 so we decided just to go with the harmony. I'm not sure if or what the difference is between them. I then had my anomaly scan as normal at 20 weeks xx
You could always have the NHS screening and then get the harmony/nifty if the NHS one comes back as high risk?

Thanks for replying. My NHS dating scan isn't until 13+4 so I'm thinking I could be 16/17 weeks before I get harmony results if my NHS results are high risk. I just want to cut any stress out if possible and also it would be nice to find out the gender early :)

I've booked the serenity test for this Saturday so tomorrow fingers crossed xx

I have had he Harmony test for two pregnancies. The first time I had it after the NHS screening gave me a 1:5 risk of abnormalities. This time round I had he Harmony test at 10 weeks and didn't bother having the NHS screening test - turns out that was a good thing to do as I'm carrying twins and the NHS screening results wouldn't have been as reliable as a single pregnancy.

What's the difference between harmony and serenity? I have mine booked for next week and it's the harmony I think xx

What's the difference between harmony and serenity? I have mine booked for next week and it's the harmony I think xx

There's not much difference really, all the nipt test for the same 3 trisomies and have similar accuracy levels. The clinic I'm going to offers 4 different tests - harmony, nifty, serenity and iona. The redraw % on the serenity is the lowest so I've gone for that one xx

Oh I see. Mine is just NIFTY and sure it says harmony xx

Just realised. Mine is not nifty. It's nipt harmony. I think their stats are pretty good still xx

Good luck with yours too. I am trying to find a serenity one now but I can't travel far due to my sickness and can't find anywhere near by. 97% is still good I guess but 99% is better xx

Thisismy do have a London based but I can't find a list of their costs on the website. Can you point me in the right direction? Xx

Prices are further down the same page:

http://www.thisismy.co.uk/non-invasive-prenatal-testing-nipt/nipt-non-invasive-prenatal-testing/

£320 for you to do your own blood sample and send to them. £340 for them to take the blood sample for you and send for screening. £395 for blood test and scan (if 11 weeks plus they will do an anatomy check as well). I'm having the £395 package.

If you ring them, they will be able to advise you. I found them really knowledgeable on the phone xx

OK great. Thanks. I don't know how I missed it! Baby brain :) xx

I had the serenity test yesterday. They did a scan first and all the things they look for were as they should be which was reassuring - nasal bone, skull and brain development, stomach, blood flow etc. The nuchal measurement was 1.2mm (exactly the same as with my little boy!). The blood test was painful though, I have awful veins and she really had to dig around, I felt so sick by the time it was done.

She also showed us the nub and predicted we have another boy! Should get the blood results in about a week so we'll see what they say xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back