Harmless comments from family!

BKR123

Reaction score
I saw my auntie earlier when I was shopping with my parents, my mum made me get maternity trousers because she said I looked like a tramp in joggers! I tried on my normal size 8's an I could barely get them up to my thigs, started feeling a bit down. Tried a 10 and they were so tight I couldn't move. I was devasted. Had to get 12's :( I came out of the changing room and said to mum, 'slightly depressed that I can't get into even a size 10' and she told me not to be so silly I hardly look like I've put on weight. Then my Auntie pipes up, 'we'll around your face you have an maybe a bit on the tops of your legs' I coul have cried. How am I ver going to loose weight from my face and thighs once she's born?!?!? Gutted other people think this too :'( boyfriend has been lying to me every time I say 'I'm getting huge!' :( x

12 is not huge hun! Plus remember that a lot is fluid build up so that'll disappear. I naturally put on weight on my face too if I gain, don't worry it'll go again.
It's normal to gain weight. Don't be sad xxxx

A 12 is not 'huge'.

As above....its normal. When people lose weight it comes off their face naturally. They aren't suddenly skinny with fat faces.

X

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Oh okay, why do you store fluid when your pregnant?:s x

Extra blood volume and extra fluid is normal so you are bound to get fatter all over plus the fact is that face and thighs may get bigger and so what?! A diet after wards helps get rid of fat easily don't worry size 12 is Defo not fat in fact is my perfect size I'd like to get down to!!! But even so what is right for you size wise may not be the same for everyone. They say you gain weight all over as you are storing fat to feed the baby xv

I also went from size 8 to size 12. As already said most of it is fluid. You will most likely loose a lot of it within a few weeks after birth. Not a nice way of your auntie to tell you you've put on some weight! xx

And fluid is retained due to chemical changes to the body hormones etc also because the uterous puts pressure on the veins and streets forcing blood to be slower and fluid to seep into tissues x

Family can be cruel without meaning to be - take it with a pinch of salt babe x

We are all getting bigger - you would be more worried if you weren't and it was affecting your bubs. I started wearing maternity trousers this week and am so glad I have they are so comfy and look so much better than just wearing bigger clothes.

I told my husband my weight the other day and he said soon ill be as heavy as him.......... but that will be ok for a short while!!!!

I could have killed him - how dare he say what is and is not ok for me to weight cheeky git!!! he didnt mean it in a bad way but didnt think about how our hormones affect our confidence.

You will find once you have had the baby that much of the weight will come off - for now enjoy this last bit x

I caught my husband looking at me in a kind of adoring way the day, I asked him why he was staring he said, 'you just look really cute now that your face is chunky' - CHUNKY, what a word to describe your wife with. Needless to say I lost it big time. Really don't think he realised what he'd said, but he soon regretted it.

I think most of us have a moment where you don't feel so good about being bigger. I've been lucky that my hips and bum haven't got bigger at all, but hate looking at my thighs as they are definitely bigger. Hubby said they look more muscular with me carrying a bump around. Muscular! That's exactly how any woman wants to be described. I went to get some bras yesterday and I was a 28-30 band before I was pregnant, yesterday I had to get a 34 which felt a bit depressing. I've already decided that when I return to work after baby is born and no longer have to live on SMP, that I'm going to treat myself to some nice new clothes. So I've given myself a target to get slim.

Haha! It seems everyone has someone who has a way with words :') xx

Yesterday the dog was day on hubby's lap and I made a comment about him not fitting on my lap anymore, patted my bump and said I was getting a little bigger I spose. His response was "yeah, and then there's the baby too" cheeky sod!!!!!!

I caught my husband looking at me in a kind of adoring way the day, I asked him why he was staring he said, 'you just look really cute now that your face is chunky' - CHUNKY, what a word to describe your wife with. Needless to say I lost it big time. Really don't think he realised what he'd said, but he soon regretted it.

Charming! Lol bless him x

Sent from my GT-I9300

I think it's hard to get bigger, I have to remind myself it's ok and the right thing all the time. Some days I love my new pregnant body but others I feel like a hideous blob! Especially when I see old pics of me looking slim! I think people underestimate how you might feel about it.
Bf helps weightloss too, so another good reason to do it! :) xx

I wish I could fit into size 12 pants still!

I've gone from a 12 to a 16.. so shush haha

but yer loads of it will be water... its inevitable that we'll put on weight.. just focus on making sure you eat right and worry about it later.

But yes, its hard to ignore people. Just bite back like I have been doing recently and tell them something horrible about them haha. God knows why it's OK to speak to us pregnant women like we're cattle eh!

Haha! It does seem like suddenly it's okay to say we are looking "full" and "large" and that our stomachs are massive! It may be true but you don't want it pointed out at every available opportunity! Haha :) x

I used to look at pictures of me on my wedding day last August and I felt I looked a bit heavier than I wanted to be. Now I look at them and think how ridiculous and if I can get back to that shape and size after baby is here then I'll be chuffed to bits!!

I used to look at pictures of me on my wedding day last August and I felt I looked a bit heavier than I wanted to be. Now I look at them and think how ridiculous and if I can get back to that shape and size after baby is here then I'll be chuffed to bits!!

YES!!!

I look back at my 'bump' photo from 12 weeks and 16 weeks with envy at my boobs and waist! And I was always moaning about how big I was. silly us women eh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back