Hardly cries...

Lulabell

Reaction score
Not sure if I should worry or be thankful. Joshua hardly cries at all! The only time he whinges is when we change his bum or change his clothing. Seriously, he never wakes up for a feed. I have to wake him up. This is during the day and night. Is this normal?xx

Last edited:
Thankful!!!! Lol.
If you are worried though speak to your HV. Maybe you just have a very content baby :) x

Jack has always been a super chillied out baby! He didn't even cry when he was born, he just looked around the room then went to sleep!

We have to use a video monitor when he sleeps because he doesn't make any noise when he wakes up and will happily lay in his cot waiting for us to find him!!

I'm making the most of it incase he changes lol x

People keep asking how the sleepless nights are but I get about 7 or 8 hours sleep. It's in two lots of 4 hour stints but still feel fine and refreshed in the morning. I wake him for a feed by changing his bum, feed him then he pretty much falls straight back asleep.

Have a feeling I'm going to have a big shock when we have a second baby!

Jealoussssssssssssss!!! :D

Omg you're lucky! Cam didn't cry when he was born or hardly at all for the first three weeks but has bloody well made up for it since :wall:

So time for it to change then lol as he is approaching 3 weeks... X

My eldest was very chilled and hardly cries. Lo cries a bit more but not too bad. Have to agree with others though. In my experience they tend to find their voice at three weeks. Sure he will still stay really good and easy but it's also likely that once he hits 4 weeks when something is bothering him you will know it! Z

If he's not wakin for feeds babe I'd keep an eye on it.. Lily never cries unless in the bath and only cried at nappy changes til a month old.. She sleeps constantly like a newborn still and I've asked hv countless times (including today) and they say as long as they are alert when awake and waking themselves for feeds then it's alright..
Sometimes I have to wake her for a feed but most of the time she wakes herself every four hours and does 12-14hts at night since 4weeks old..

My Tyler is a quiet boy, he more fusses than crys when he want something so we find it a shock when he does cry lol! We generally get crys when he's had a long sleep and us very hungry, having his clothes changed (sometimes) and if he keeps spitting my boob out when feeding and asleep and wakes up and it's not there lol.

Mia is the same, i was kind of worried at first but HV told me all was ok...i still havn't heard her cry really she just kinda whinges loudly iykwim? everyone is telling me i'm blessed :love:

My familystill havent heard Alfie cry, he also only criedon nappy change, nut onloy if hes tired he'll cry on nappy change now. I find him lay there every morning looking up at the ceeling, he dioesnt cry when he wakes up x

I wouldn't worry. Babies have different personality types, too! Poppy is the same- as a newborn she rarely cried and she's the same now. People always comment on what a happy, smiley baby she is and that we should count ourselves lucky, and we really, really do! :love:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back