Happy Meals?

i was brought up on smilies chips sausage beef burger pizza nuggets.
mash beans. my mum works all the hours god sends and has 5 kids :eek: so i take my hat of to her for even managing to wip up a nice meal for us all

Dior most nights will have oven chips with chicken and peas.
or chips with fish and sweetcorn. she eats chips all the time but she wil always have some sort of veg too

Mmmm smilies!!!! I remember them!! and Alphabites!! Its great when hey shape food lol!! At the mo, im cooking jaycee thomas tank engine chicken shapes and beans with sausages :) We need to go shopping, OH left fridge open and veg went bad :roll:

Dior does have a bit to much sweets a packet of fruit pastles and a few buscits a day. but i would like to cut way down so like you i can use sweets when i really need to like potty training.

Jaycee loves biscuits lol, shes always nicking my rich tea lol! she like them 'nice' biccies too! rusks are yummy, might start her back on them :think: She loves a jelly baby after her 2s lol! Too many and shes swinging from the ceiling lol!

my boys hate vegatables i sneak them in to things like shepards pie and bolignaise but other than that but they love apples bannanas and raisins for a treat i get the asda yogurt covered ones and they think they are sweets lol i dont keep crisps or sweets in the house but they do have biscuits and the odd packet of haribo smarties etc.. they are always eating cheese and tomatoe pizzas and nuggets at home cant get them to eat much else they are fussy when it comes to mealtimes they do like fish pie with cheese and potatoe and shepards pie but its nice to do something quick i do have 3 to feed :) .

dionne said:
she eats chips all the time but she wil always have some sort of veg too

i wish i could get ella to eat chips, her idea of mcdonalds is a toy and a milkshake and if im lucky she will eat half her chicken nuggets and a fruit bag ,she has only had it maybe half a dozen times in her life

Jadie said:
I would not even eat in Macdonalds never mind giving any of it to my baby!

same here! urgh! worm burgers and soggy fries :puke:

Jadie - I agree with you, I wouldn't eat at McDonalds so wouldn't take Olivia there either.

Dionne - if Olivia was invited to a party at McDonalds then I wouldn't decline the invitation on the basis of the venue choice but I would hope that Olivia had developed good, healthy eating habits and attitudes to either not eat a lot of the food or not eat any of the burgers etc. and hope she ate the more healthy options. My personal opinion is that McDonalds is not a treat.

Take a look here:
http://www.mcdonalds.co.uk/resources/img/sections/eatsmart/Nutrition.pdf
page 15 has the ingredients of the chicken nuggets. There's a fair few nasties listed in a number of the McDonalds range - if you google them you'll see exactly what I mean.

It's entirely upto each individual how and what they feed their children, I certainly don't think any more or any less of a mum for what they give to their children.

Lucy

lol i just tryed looking but i went cock eyed to much info in there.

It is a treat if the child is happy and excited to go then that is a treat. if Dior continues to be an angel then i wil reward her with seeing her happy and Happy meals make her happy thats why they are called "happy" meals not "sad" meals :lol: ok im of to sleep now :lol: before i start talking my 2nd language "jiberish"

I certainly don't think any more or any less of a mum for what they give to their children.

thats one of the things i like most about you Lucy. i agree you dont judge people, you are like it in other ways too like BF'ing etc you never judge a mum. :) its nice

i agree with lucy too. its up to mothers what they feed their kids.
My eldest kids have been to macdonalds parties and ive not battered an eyelid at it.
i just wouldn't go there myself with my kids thats all. but i don't think anyone is any less of a mum if they go. Its personal choice. its what makes the world go round :)

i don't think anyone on this forum really judges anyone for their actions. they just put their opinions across thats all. :)

I like a macdonalds the odd time. I wouldnt be bothered about Jessica having the odd one. She hates chips. She is odd, she likes the feel of them but wont eat them. Not a bad thing I hear you say but I am so sick of potatoes and havent time to muck around making different things for different folk.

i thought new regulations meant that salt levels were dramatically reduced and it had to be proper chicken in the chicken nuggets

Lydia has never had a happy meal but she does eat takeaway now and then if we're having one.

She loves fish from the fish and chip shop.
She likes pizza aswell.

I don't think it's so terrible if its in moderation.

Xena said:
Lydia has never had a happy meal but she does eat takeaway now and then if we're having one.

She loves fish from the fish and chip shop.
She likes pizza aswell.

I don't think it's so terrible if its in moderation.

Yeah I agree :)

Aaron has never had a happy meal but that's only because we don't go to mcdonalds much and if we do he's usually already eaten :lol: I'd let him have one if we were there and he was ready to eat. I don't see a huge deal about it, as long as they don't eat it everyday then it's fine. Most people will only takes kids there as a treat so I don't see the harm.

Hi

I think I must be mellowing with age or something because I used to get on my high horse about Macdonalds and things but now I think live and let live. We all worry too much what other people think. Theres no right or wrong, just personal choice. I don't eat Macdonalds so Isaac won't be given it. Having said that though when he is of an age that he would like to try it then he can and if he likes it he can have it in moderation just like any other things he likes, ie toys, sweets etc. The thing I don't really agree with is using food, whether it be sweets or Macdonalds, as a treat or a bribe to encourage good behaviour. I want Isaac to behave regardless of what he is having for his dinner! lol

Lou :)

lou said:
The thing I don't really agree with is using food, whether it be sweets or Macdonalds, as a treat or a bribe to encourage good behaviour. I want Isaac to behave regardless of what he is having for his dinner! lol

I agree. We were given McDonalds 'as a treat' and I don't want to do the same thing. Stanley will quite probably have it occasionally, when we're out or at a friends party, I belive in everything in moderation too.

When I worked in retail I lost count of the amount of mums I overheard saying 'behave yourself and we'll go to McDonalds in a bit'. It's easy as a mum of a baby to say I won't fall into the same trap when he's older but I'm going to try :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back