Happy Meals?

babsi

Reaction score
Maybe this is a little weird but here goes, would you ever admit in a baby group to someone that you don't that well that you give your 13 month old happy meals?

If I gave Kai happy meals, I know it is wrong and would never admit it, I just found it weird someone saying that to me, and then they were critcizing for me holding Kai when he has his bottle. (and I know he should do it himself he is just too lazy lol)

Dior has happy meals. there is nothing wrong with them she has fishfingers carrot sticks and a milkshake
she loves them. and every wednesday after toddler group i take her to mc donnalds. my group has some very stuck up mothers but no one has ever turned turned their nose up to it.
there is nothing wrong with a happy meal once a week.

But she has burgers and fries...I know there are healthier options now like apples, sanwiches...

I am easy going with food with Kai but my opinion is that if you don't give it then they don't know what they are missing. You spend all that time making sure they have healthy food in the 1st year and when they turn 1 you just give them whatever is easiest for you.

She shouldn't have been admitting this to me as she had her baby taken away for 3 months and only just got her back. If that makes me a bit stuck up...oh well.

but still there is nothing wrong with burger and chips at 13months.

as long as its with in reason.

i was reading a while back that the happymeals are Mc D biggest selig thing and they dont intend to put the price up as its what keeps them so popular.
so alot of mother must be giving them to their kinds. its not lazy either its just a bit of fun. Dior looks so forward to go to Mc donalds she collects the toys too

I dont see a problem with it myself a little bit of what they enjoy cant do them any harm aslong as it isnt everyday or every meal time.
We dont go that often but they do get them now and again dont see the harm in it myself.

like i said a while ago, i couldnt give a flying hoot what people thought about what i give my children to eat, sophie has happy meals and she loves them, she has fishfingers or chicken nuggets with a bag of fruit and a banana milkshake :D

my girls love them too and i think once in a while doesn't do them any harm :D xx

hannah has happy meals but doesnt eat that much of them to be honest

i agree. aslong as it doesn't become eveyday, and it is seen as a treat, i can't see the harm. especialy if they have the slightly healther options.

my cousin takes the burger out and just eats the bun!

I would not even eat in Macdonalds never mind giving any of it to my baby!

abigail and tia have happy meals but they share one between them and after they have finished i give them a bit of fruit, have not tried jordan with happy meals yet i probley will try him in about 6 months time with a few bits

Brody has had oven chips at home but personally I wouldn't give him McD's fries cos they stick so much salt on them.

The fruit bags and stuff are good but the rest of it is processed crap. Mason has a happy meal about once every 3 months, if that.

i dont have mcdonalds so Braydon doesnt have it but i do occasionally go to burger king where B will have a bit of mine as he wont eat a kids meal yet

I think it depends on the person a treat once in a while isnt to bad my boys will have one once every couple of months sometimes more often but i have a friend who probably eats there with her son every week twice a week i wouldnt do that its expensive too.

I dont see anything wrong with happy meals apart from they put way too much salt on the chips. They should make seperate batch of chips for kids with no salt. I usually ask for chips with no salt for Jaycee, or get her a fruit bag. Fish is good for them and i dont think that they process it like the burgers. I wouldnt give her the meat in burgers tho after a book my mum gave me to read on whats in them :puke: she loves chicken nuggets and its just like a treat to them if its not everyday! She'll have one maybe once a week or 2 weeks, sometimes we wont have it for months.
Someone i know has mcdonalds for their kids every day :? 1. id love to afford to do that! and 2. her kids are WAY overweight and you can see the effect it has on them :( her 1st was on a diet at 6months, she'd feed him chocolate milk and mcdonalds everyday, at SIX months. Terrible

for the mums that are totaly against Mc D what would you do if one of your childrens friends have a party there? would they not be able to go?

i do the same as you Jayceesmumma ask for no salt, that way the chips are fresh too :)

We take Josh to McDonalds occasionally, no more than once a week though.

Our McDonalds dont put salt on the chips, they're all made without then you get the sachets to put on so no worries there.

I dont think its necessary to avoid taking your kids there altogether as long as you make sure they dont have it all the time.

Josh went to a party the other week and the food they had was burgers, chips and ice cream. I could see a few of the parents with looks of horror on their faces and I just wished they would chill out a bit - it was a party after all.

Im not scared to admit that Im not as strict with Joshs diet as I should be. If he wants sweets or crisps or whatever then I allow it but I dont take it to the extremes, I mean he doesnt eat loads of bad stuff. If that makes me a bad parent then so be it but he's the picture of health according to the doctors so I dont beat myself up about it. I make sure he has a bit of everything and luckily for us he loves fruit and stuff.

Im sure we all had the odd unhealthy meal when we were little and it hasnt done us any harm :)

Yeah jaycee loves mimi cheddars lol, she snacks mainly on rasins, all fruit, carrot sticks and cucumber. Its not coz i want her to always eat healthyits coz she loves it!! She doesnt really like chocolate. I dont like to give her lots of sweets all the time, theres no point. She gets a lil sweet when she uses her potty for 2s coz we are potty training her at the mo. She gets way too hyper on sugar! I love fruit and veg and so does she so we are always experimenting with them much to her delight, but i wont deprive her of cake at parties and mcdonalds! All in moderation :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back