Happy for now :)

KateK

Reaction score
So pleased to have been promoted to 2-3 weeks on the Clearblue! Just a little teeny indicator that everything's progressing. Fingers crossed for a 3+ next week! Anyone else extremely anxious though? I'm struggling to focus on much else and with this rash i've got i'm really expecting the worst when all I want to do is go pram shopping 😩 Keep saying I wish the next 8 weeks could fly and then it can go as slowly as it likes 😜

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 15
I suffered with terrible anxiety during tri 1 this time as I've had 3 previous losses. It got to the point that I couldn't leave the house for work without breaking down - each loss I've left the house ok and by the time I've got to work 20 mins later I had started bleeding which led to being told I'd miscarried. I ended up getting signed off work until 9 weeks which I deemed my "safe" point as if never got passed 7 weeks. As hard as it is, you need to keep positive and relax as much as you can. My OH wrapped me up in cotton wool and wouldn't let me do anything around the house - I'm not saying this is the answer, however with the previous ones I was of the thinking "I'm pregnant not dying". Also rescue remedy spray really helped when I was struggling with anxiety so maybe worth investing in some, see if that helps. It's a worrying time, not one I enjoyed xx

Hi I'm tri hopping here. I'm 38 weeks and had a sweep yesterday partly due to my anxieties. I'd just like to say I know it's hard but try and get out of this feeling. I haven't and iv not enjoyed the pregnancy and now because iv had reduced movements I may not be able to give birth how I wanted ect. I mc before this and this is my 1st baby so when I found out I was expecting it to go wrong everyday and I still do
It's made me very hard to live with. Hubby tells me to enjoy my last days before back y comes but I still can't. I think my anxieties have ruined this experience and wish I had to talked to a mw long before I did to get some help.

Millersmissus, that was exactly what was happening to me when I had my suspected ectopic in April, used to make me so scared to step out of the house! Was OK at home but as soon as I arrived at work, bleeding would start! One day I will get there! I've Got to try and remain positive.

I was already suffering from general anxiety before I was pregnant. Most of that transfered onto the pregnancy as soon as I found out.

The first weeks, when there was nothing to show me that everything was fine, were very difficult. I was convinced there was no way this could go right for me, there was no way the universe would let me have something good in my life. I've been in therapy the whole way through and it has helped, but I've still been very anxious at various points throughout (I guess most ladies go through times like that even if they had no underlying problems - but mine were extreme and frequent, especially in tri 1).

Talk about your fears. Write a journal. Keep talking to us on here. Worrying is totally normal at this stage, but if it continues beyond a week or two you should talk to your GP/MW early on as Blueclass recommends. Their priority is to take care of you, and emotional health is just as important as blood tests and all the rest.

Thanks everyone for sharing.. This is my second baby, I was never this anxious with my first pregnancy.. I was in ignorant bliss and at the age of 21 assumed everything would be fine (which thankfully it was..) but this time i'm just riddled with panic! Really trying to enjoy it because I loved being pregnant last time.. You're right it's the having nothing to confirm that the baby's ok that gets me.. Hopefully i'll be able to breathe a bit if I get to the 12 week scan.. Hugs to all.. It's not easy xxx

i did a clear blue few days ago, So im waiting for 3+ next week as well.
Due to missed miscariage i dont trust my body at all.
I dont feel anything, just a bit pressure (like when you want pee) when im doing something fast.
I have a lovely 4 y boy and he is waiting so long for a sister (yeah he is saying he will have a sister :p)

Woohoo! I got promoted to 3+ weeks today which made me very excited ! xxxx

I only ever tested once and once there is a line you have hcg and are pregnant if you have no adverse symptoms such as bleeding I wouldn't bother testing again. You are all just lining the pockets of clearblue (whose products are over priced to start with) The digis are a gimmick designed for everyone to over test. You could get baby clothes or a frame for your scan out of the money you waste on these tests.

I have bad anxiety also. I'm convinced after 3 previous mcs this one will head that way too, every trip to the toilet I'm nervous. I've refused this time though to buy any cb digitals, this is how I knew progression wasn't happening previously. I'm trying to relax a bit more. X

Perhaps Glowing but if I can feel a little calmer for the sake of a tenner i'll do it. I find my anxiety crippling and I am also very alone (family/friends live far away, partner doesn't 'get it') So thank you but I don't need to be made to feel stupid for taking a few tests to check things are progressing.

My comment wasn't intended to make you feel stupid. I just think these companies pray on us women to encourage over testing. The CB digis are a prime example of this. You are going to be anxious regardless.

I've found with all the issues we have had these past couple of weeks & my extreme anxiety I've always had anyway, testing to see lines go darker/weeks go higher has really helped. I've been told if your HGC goes down before around 12 weeks it's a sign of a mis carriage so it's very calming to see those nice dark lines every few days ❤️

Exactly how I feel BlondeP, I feel so much calmer after my routine test. I know it might sound a bit sad to someone who hasn't experienced anxiety.. Glowing I am really sorry for jumping down your throat (hormones!!) ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back