happy birthday lindsay

Orr thanks rach - I had a great birthday.

Well I am now back from Dublin and had a fantastic time - didn't want to come home. We visited Dublin Castle, Dublin Zoo (which was class, didn't need children to enjoy that, lol!) Jameson distillery, Guiness Factory and the old prison forget what that was called. We also had a wander to St. Stephen's Green and did some shopping. The bars and restaurants were great, we went to Temple Bar area on an evening and it didn't matter what day it was the pubs were always busy!!!!! I must admit asking for lemonade, water or tonic water got some great reactions from the bar staff - does everybody drink in Ireland, they repeated my order everytime with both amusement and shock in their voice, lol!!!!! I think the no smoking policy is great too. Being a non smoker it was great to walk in the pub and come out smelling the same!!!!

How's things with you? I am getting bigger with every week that goes by!! I must admit I had a scare while away, I didn't think that I had felt the baby move for a whole day!!! Thinking back I was so busy and relaxed, I probably wasn't consciously thinking about it. Yesterday it moved round lots again so all is well, phew. I have been experiencing tightenings around my lower stomach too quite a lot, have you? I am seeing my midwife o week on Monday so will have a chat to her about everything!

When do we go into third trimester, it can't be too long off now can it? I can't believe that it has gone so quickly!!!!

Xxx

hi lindsay glad to hear you had a good time and a nice birthday :D im ok thanks getting bigger every day too lol im huge
dont worry about the movements or tightnings i spoke to my midwife last week about both and she told me its very common not to feel baby move some days it just means they are lying in a position u wouldnt feel it and they tend not to worry about it until at least 26/28 weeks after that u should have at least 10 noticeable movements a day somedays i dont feel my boy move at all and others he dont stop :D
as for the tightnings i had some one night late when i was about 21 weeks and they were quite painful really frightened me lasted about 2 hours and were coming every 5/10 mins not happened since thank god spoke midwife she said its braxton hicks (sp) apparently we have them all the way through pregnancy but dont feel them until after 20 weeks
if at all if they are painful or uncomfortable she suggests changing position moving around or sometimes they can also be caused by slight dehydration so drink plenty of water and they should stop it seems like mine were caused by dehydration as id had the runs all day i didnt realise u could get them this early as on my son i was 37 weeks before i felt anything like that xxxxxxxxx

oh forgot to add third trimester starts at 27 weeks so not long now hun and we will be on the final run xxxx

thanks rach could be that I haven't been drinking enough, so going to make sure that I drink lots more now.

I noticed yesterday that I had what looked like dried up milk round my nipples, was really shocked so shouted Dh to have a look, he thought that it was hilarious and had a squeeze to see if anything else came out, sorry tmi!!!! I washed it off in the bath and touch wood nothing else has come since, I inspected them carefully this morning when I woke up!!!! We do have to go through some strange happenings don't we? :shock:

Xxx

lol its ok lindsay hun i get that too i noticed it a few weeks back now didnt have that on first child but seem to be getting everything this time round xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back