Hand foot and mouth...

GF91

Reaction score
When I picked Mills up from nursery last Monday they told me she'd been quite quiet all day (not normal for her) & told me chicken pox & sickness/diarrhoea bug was doing the rounds... Monday afternoon she looked quite peaky, & then all of Monday night into Tuesday morning she was being sick. Tuesday morning she had developed a rash on her chin and bottom, but it didn't look like chicken pox, which developed into blister type spots on the backs of her hands and feet. Took her to the doctor who told me she had thrush? Her dad wasn't happy with this so the next day insisted we see a different doctor who told us she had the coxsackie virus... in other words hand foot and mouth. She was sick & high temp Monday pm/tues am... apart from the rash she's been absolutely fine. I've kept her off nursery & apart from taking her to the doctors we've stayed at home... she's due to go back to nursery tomorrow... does anyone think it would be ok to send her? She just has a few blisters on her feet everything else has gone now. I can't find any info on how long they're contagious for? ❤️

Yes they only have to stay at home whilst they feel unwell. They can go back to nursery whilst they still have blisters xx

Me and my little boy had it last month and the blisters do seem to last for ages, i think they're mainly contagious in the first couple of days so should be fine now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back