Hand foot and mouth

Bubbles1987

Reaction score
Got told today a child in our children centre has been diagnosed with hand foot and mouth. Phones midwife, she said very unlikely I will be infected or have any effects but she is sending me for a parvo blood test to check for any exposure tomorrow at gp. I thought I had last blood test at 28 week appt!!! Ahhh!! Xx

Hope it comes back clear!! Don't bank on having no more bloods after 28 weeks. I've had another glucose test, repeat bloods when they lost the 28 week bloods, a liver test and another full blood test! I'm fed up of being a pin cushion!!

I don't mind blood tests too much so not too worried and midwife seemed to think it would be clear anyway but best just to make sure.

Joeyclare sounds like you have had a rough time of blood tests latey, it's a good job by end of of pregnancy we have double the blood or you would run out! Lol. :) xx

Well blood test was awlful! Couldn't get any bloods after numerous attempts. She had to rush and get me haribo and water as she thought I was going to faint. Then can't rebook till next Friday which I think is pointless as if I have been exposed think I will now by then. Two more children who come into our centre been diagnosed today ;( nurse told me it was cause I hadn't eaten enough and dehydrated! Cheek! Xx

Your more prone to pick things up, be careful as I picked up hand foot & mouth when I was 23 weeks pregnant and was in hospital for 4 days with it temp was very dangerously high. So midwife wrong your immune system is alot lower

My son had it when i was pregnant. It is only dangerous if you yourself catch it. Even then only in early pregnancy or during labour.

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

There is a risk of having a miscarriage if you catch HFMD during the first three months of your pregnancy. The risk is small but as a precaution you may want to avoid close contact with people known to have an active infection. Pregnant women who catch hand, foot and mouth disease just before giving birth may pass it to their baby. However, babies born with the disease will usually only experience mild symptoms.^^ Back to top

Tapatalking :-D Can't see tickers...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back