Hair loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffycat

Reaction score
Please help ladies I am so so worried. My hair has been falling out since about 4 months post partum. My boy is 13 months now and My hair is so thin looking around the hairline and just above the back of my back. Every time I look in the mirror I am so worried and upset. I am 27 weeks pregnant with 2nd baby and so scared that I'm going to have no hair left!!

Any tips or advice? Has this happened to anyone else and did it grow back??xx

Sorry no advice other than maybe speaking to your gp? Didn't want to read and run. X

Hey.
I started having hair loss when my daughter was about 8 months old. It wasn't just thinning it was actually patches. The doctor diagnosed me with alopecia (due to child birth). I was prescribed a steroid cream which didn't work. After looking online I read that sea kelp is good. I took it for a few months and my hair is back and no knew patches have appeared. I had about 4/5 patches to begin with. I would defo recommend trying it! I got mine from Holland & Barrett. I took 3 tablets a day. Good luck xx

Thanks Slb24,do you know if this is safe to use in pregnancy? I have stopped using heat on my hair to try and give it a break. Being frech braiding it when wet and then it's nice and wavy the next day. Trying to cut down to washing every 2 or 3 days and using no hair product. It's so worrying!! Xx

It is much more common for hair to fall out, sometimes in large amounts after the birth of your baby. The condition is not so serious enough to cause a permanent hair loss. Don't worry.

Mine did the same after I had my little boy. It grew so long and thick so fast whilst pregnant then afterwards it looked like rats tails.
My hair dresser was like "Oh you have tufts of hair everywhere different lengths" I took vitamin e capsules and skin, hair & nail vits and it started to grow quicker again to even itself out x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back