Hair dye

Sophie_P

Reaction score
I really need to do my hair! It's driving me nuts but i'm afraid to do it. Do I have to get any specific hair dyes?

I dyed mine five to times on the same day and bubs is fine, I used this Garnier
Olia Oil-Powered permanent colour. Made from natural oils! My midwife recommended it!xxx

Make sure you test first, use it in a well ventilated room and go for one you need to keep on for the shortest amount of time xx

I dyed mine in my last pregnacy no problems x

Doing mine tonight but just putting more streaks in ;)

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I went and had a colour at the hairdressers as usual yesterday. I think its fine if you normally use dye and have no reaction.

Ive dyed mine a few times hun. I do it myself.

But i did wait till after 12wks. Thats just me tho xx

Hey hun,

I go to hairdressers to get mine done and she said that they wont dye it under 12wks as its not good for baby. she said that mw's normally recommend you wait till over 12wks. Guna talk to mine on friday. I look horrid with it growing out but dont wana do anything to my bubs.

Michelle x

Oh no was gonna dye my hair today, don't know what to do now. I've got black hair and blonde roots :-(

Hiya I'm a hairdresser and would advise to do a wee skin test on your arm first just put a little spot of the colour inside your wrist then put a plaster over it and leave for 24 hrs x if no reaction your good to go x sensitivities can arise when you are pregnant that u never had before x I have coloured my hair for years with no problems but I seem to be allergic when pregnant ( which I found out the hard way with a swollen , itchy, burning scalp for a week ), which results in lovely grey hairs for 9 months, lol x but I would say best to be safe just incase x hope this helps x

I've already got a hair dye, i've got to buy another for the test? Thanks hun x

Not usually, there are usually skin test instructions in the leaflet they are all different, u only need a wee spot then u can seal it in something air tight as its only exposure to air that makes it start working x check the instruction leaflet, that should help x there are so many different home dyes and they are all different x but u only need to do it once and if your good u will be fine throughout pregnancy x

What about the wash-in ones? You could always try and pass it off as a dip dye Sophie :p xx

Last edited:
Hmmm not sure if I can! I look like a skunk! Oh, congrats :) i've not told work yet and they'll think something is up if i've not dyed my hair xx

:wall2:
Hmmm not sure if I can! I look like a skunk! Oh, congrats :) i've not told work yet and they'll think something is up if i've not dyed my hair xx

Play the hairdresser is fully booked card and moan about it lots :)

Done a skin test if that goes well my hair will last to dye in a couple of days. Found a mask too :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back